Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Anyone see this bootlegged preview of the Evil Dead remake? Filmed stealth style, from a cell phone, presumably. Looks like they're paying tribute to a lot of the classic moments, props and camera work of the originals. But more gritty and nasty, less campy. You be the judge.

[edit: link was dead, video was taken down]
By nosferatu
The audience seem to like it. For me personally, remakes are generally a let down. Yes they have better production values, better effects, sometimes the actors can actually act, however, because I already know the basic premise and plot, it never has the same effect that watching the original for the first time.

For a horror film, that's a big failing. However, it's aimed at a new generation of cinema goers who'll probably love it. I'll probably like it but I doubt I'd love it.
By ghostface
I managed to hunt this video down and :shock: I'm very excited to see this! It looks super gory! :D I love the Evil Dead so hopefully this isn't a letdown.
By monstermash
Very gory, and I knew they'd re-do the branch scene, yuck! I'd maybe see it but i'd pretend it's got nothing to do with the original film. If I didn't do that it would be a total let down. Where's the camp? And I don't mean tents and caravans.
By ghostface
New Red Band Trailer is out. I'm trying to decide if it is a bit much on the gore side, but we will have to see. Also the whole "We're gonna get you" in the trailer REALLY creeped me out.