Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By balsak40
V for Vendetta is one of my top picks for Movie of the Year :D as well. Read the comic! It's in a graphic novel so the price is about 20 bucks or check it out at the library. Very well written... Good Stuff.
By Jaxter
I love scary movie especially Saw and the friday the 13th movies.
By stormqueen29
I like some scary movies. So many today seem not to have a storyline, they just want to "out gross" each other.

I don't like blood and guts type movies at all. I prefer the ones that make you think at the same time they scare you. There is a term for that, I just can't remember it right now.

I loved Signs for just that reason. It made me jump at shadows and squeek in fear a few times, without really showing you what you were afraid of. Music and sounds, stuff going bump in the night so to speak, are what made it a good movie to me.

I like the first two Alien movies for the same reason. The other three just seemed to get progressively more lame. The first is however still the best to me.

I managed the first two Freddy movies, then lost interest. Never saw any of the Halloween or Friday the 13th movies, just not my type. I did watch the Ring, and that one severly creeped me out in the end. Had to quit watching it the first time I saw it. Reminded me of one I saw that I can't remember the name of. Older guy had a handicapped son he drowned in a bathtub and this younger guy kept hearing the phantom thumps and stuff.

I used to like the old Twilight Zones, but I had to quit watching it after the one of the posessed dolly. That one STILL gives me nightmares after 20 someodd years. Hubby took me to see Chucky when it first came out, and I had to walk out after 20 minutes because it reminded me of that Twilight Zone. {shiver}

I don't go out of my way to see scary movies, but once in a while one will come along that interests me. Usually I end up dissapointed, but sometimes they are worht watching.

gale
By balsak40
9 out of 10... Dang :D Scream question threw me off.... not to shabby
By stormqueen29
LOL I got three out of ten. Not bad considering I only saw one of those movies.

Gale
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Not to brag or anything, but I got 10 out of 10. 8) At the end of the quiz it told me, "You need a life." Hey, I have to see every single horror movie. When you're in the Halloween business, it's a mandatory part of the job. Market research, and whatnot. :)
By Nikki
Holy Batcrap I've been away for awhile!

The Halloween Scare-Fest I hold every year with select friends- we play these movies-EVERY YEAR:----keeping the tradition:

Halloween
Halloween H20
Hocus Pocus- wicked Disney flick
The Lost Boys
House of A Thousand Corpses (last few years)
HellRaiser- Blood line
Scream
Friday the 13th

Then any Horror flicks that are on after we watch those...

I love watching the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes... Anyone else dig those?
By balsak40
Sure do! Simpsons Treehouse stuff is great!

Usually for horror fests we watch the Evil dead Trilogy followed by Halloween.
By Nikki
I totally forgot to ad that in: The Evil Dead... I love the Night of the Living Dead..the original black and white...awesome night chiller. :shock:
By girrr
Every year for Halloween I watch "The Exorcist." And it still scares the crap out of me. I'm talking the original 197...something version. I love scary movies. But I definitely prefer the "thriller" to the "horror" genre. And my all time favorites are the "religious Thrillers" like The Exorcist, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Omen, Stigmata to name a few. I mean, watching a maniac with a chainsaw is fun, but when youre dealing with questions of hell and the devil - that's what really gets me scared. :!:

Correction: I meant to write "The Prophecy" not Stigmata.
Last edited by girrr on Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By balsak40
Heaven and Hell movies.... :?:

Well here's my picks...

The Propehcy (aka God's Army) w/ Christopher Walken
- stay away from the sequels! :D
Constantine... still good dispite the voice of Reeves.

For reading enjoyment and soon to be motion picture... Try
The Preacher from DC vertigo! Good stuff!
By girrr
balsak40 wrote:Heaven and Hell movies.... :?:
Heaven? I no say heaven. Heaven not scary. I wrote hell and devil.
balsak40 wrote: Well here's my picks...

Ahh... thats the movie I was thinking of. "The Prophecy" not Stigmata.
Good movie. The sight of Viggo Mortensen as satan - squating looking like a bat and threatening to fill the heroine's mouth with her mother's own feces...

And the devil scene in Constantine was pretty wicked too.
By HALLOWEEN QUEEN
Try the quiz, just something I stumbled upon whilst checking my mail.

http://movies.aol.com/quiz-trivia/scary ... -halloween
Hhmmm...Well, I got 9 out of 10 on that quiz. Maybe I am just a good guesser because I really don't like scary movies. I have seen a few of those movies....or at least parts of them through my fingers. :wink: I also like the psycological thrillers better than the gore.
By balsak40
girrr wrote:
balsak40 wrote:Heaven and Hell movies.... :?:
Heaven? I no say heaven. Heaven not scary. I wrote hell and devil.
balsak40 wrote: Well here's my picks...

Ahh... thats the movie I was thinking of. "The Prophecy" not Stigmata.
Good movie. The sight of Viggo Mortensen as satan - squating looking like a bat and threatening to fill the heroine's mouth with her mother's own feces...

And the devil scene in Constantine was pretty wicked too.
Ah but without hell there would be no heaven. Unless you want purgatory... :lol:

Stigmata wasn't bad either. I completely forgot Viggo was in God's Army. It's been awhile since i've seen it.