Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By vibhandaka
I can't believe there's not a post for this movie yet! I LOVED it. I am always excited when a new horror movie comes out and am usually dissappointed after I see it. Insidious, imo, did not let me down. It scared the hell out of me, so much that I couldn't go to sleep right after watching it, lol. I can't wait to get it on Blu-Ray. Has anyone here seen it? What did you think?
By paddy_babe
I haven't seen it but then I got freaked out by the trailer!! Something about ghosts attaching themselves to kids freaks me (plus I've heard weird stuff coming over my baby monitor!) nah not one for me lol! Glad you liked it though, a lot of horror is failing now as everyone has seen it before or something more gross than it (unless they go for kinda comic like "drag me to hell" lol) If I watched this I wouldn't sleep for weeks! :lol:
By monstermash
Im too scared to watch it. Haunted house stuff still freaks me out and im 21. I slept with the light on after Saw, only because of the bit when the guy is hiding in the little girls wardrobe. What if he's i mine too!?!? :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Just watched Insidious a couple days ago. Pretty darn good. I thought the pacing was really well done. As more mysterious things happen, there's a growing feeling of dread and tension. A horror movie doesn't need to be about constant scares and gore. Often the suspense is the best part.

That's one of the reasons I like the original Halloween from John Carpenter. For a lot of that movie, not much is happening. But the fear that something is about to happen is what keeps you on the edge of your seat. Just when you start to feel safe... you see something, and say, "Ah! Wait, was there just a guy standing in the background!?"

Back to Insidious... the suspense and mystery is what really did it for me, but that aspect is mainly confined to the first half the movie. Eventually things start to get fully explained, and shown in full detail. And while I admit that the explanation and visuals were very cool and original, sometimes knowing too much can make it feel less scary. The unknown is scary.

One point to note... the filmmakers specifically stated that the movie would have no false "jump scares." No building of tension, only to have a cat jump out, or a friendly hand touch someone on the shoulder to startle them. If they set up a scare scene, they all have some real pay off.

I'll give this movie a lot of credit for being an original story. In the sea of remakes and reboots and re-imaginings, we could use more scary movies like this.
By Hottie McNaughty
There were a couple of things in this movie that creeped me out but overall I was a bit underwhelmed. For some reason this movie didn't scare me like Paranormal Activity did. After PA I couldn't get up in the middle of the night and go into the bathroom by myself, I made the Mr. get up and go with me (he had a good laugh about that, let me tell you!). :lol:

I agree with you, Ryan that I thought a little *too* much was shown at the end.
By Dredge
Ill show you what gets me!

By Mrs.Dredge
Dredge wrote:Ill show you what gets me!

What's truly terrifying is that I live with this man but back to the subject this is one of the best scary movies I've seen in a while.
By Raven
I both loved and hated this movie. I loved the first half. I kept getting chills and felt like I might cry when she sees someone standing behind the crib.. crying out of fear, I guess it's possible?

The second half I was not impressed with. It got too weird. I just wasn't scared anymore. I found myself just wishing he would hurry and get his kid, not because I wanted the happy ending but because I wanted to quit watching.
By blueikaos
I was quite upset by this movie, I expected more from it.

The "Jersey Devil" (at least that is what it reminded me of) type monster wasn't very appealing.

The ending gave a bit of a twist, which was to be expected.
By staticfurball
I liked it for the most part, it had some good "chills" moments there but i didnt like the part where ho goes out of body and is kinda nowhere, I thought they could have made it a little more creepy. The end did get me though. It kinda made me angry......"Dude why did ya let her steal your body...are you dumb???" kinda mad.

An othe movie that i liked, but can't remember the title :oops: was one where a family move into a wierd house because the eldest son is sick and it used to be a funeral parlor. Elias Kotias is in ti je plays a priest and at the end all kinds of corpses fall out of the walls :D That was pretty good.
By vibhandaka
RavensDestiny wrote:I both loved and hated this movie. I loved the first half. I kept getting chills and felt like I might cry when she sees someone standing behind the crib.. crying out of fear, I guess it's possible?

The second half I was not impressed with. It got too weird. I just wasn't scared anymore. I found myself just wishing he would hurry and get his kid, not because I wanted the happy ending but because I wanted to quit watching.
Teri, I did the almost crying thing too! Especially the part where the mom is in the room alone and that freaky guy is walking on the porch. Then suddenly he's charging at her in the room! That really got me.
By staticfurball
The Haunting in Connecticut.....that's the movie I was thinking about.