Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By monstermash
"Meet Doctor Phibes: a one-time concert musician who's now an all-time crazed murderer. In this clever, crypt-kicking classic, horrormeister Vincent Price plays a diabolical doc seeking the ultimate in revenge with precision creepiness and surgical wit. Watch Dr. Phibes live up to his promise: "Nine killed her, nine shall die, nine eternities in doom!"

Using the Good Book as his guide, Phibes unleashes a score of old testament atrocities - from a plague of locusts to an attack of rats - on his enemeies that climax in what may be one of the eeriest ending on screen record."

Good camp Brit horror. Quite a few familiar faces from 60's/70's British TV. The far fetched deaths are hilarious. Phibes might be good inspiration for a unique creation:

By GUS
I had all but forgotton about this movie! ..great find.
By jen d.
Absolutely great find! Thanks for the reminder... watching this right now. :)
By purple1worm
i'll have to look for it!
By purple1worm
I might be able to find it at the library!! Last year I found old horror movie trios with the spotlight on Vince Price. I'll have to rent the others I did'nt get to see!
By monstermash
I got the dvd from PLAY.com for £3.99. I looked this week and they have bumped it up to about £10! You might get a cheaper copy on ebay. try blahdvd, they sometimes have quite cheap dvds. Maybe Amazon. Try 'em all!
By vibhandaka
I love anything with Vincent Price, have yet to see this one though. It's on my "to watch" list this year. :) I found rips of some records that VP did, where he tells spooky stories and such, I love to listen to them at Halloween. He has an awesome voice.
By matspud
The Dr Phibes movies were the first "horrors" I remember seeing and some bit of them STILL give me nightmares.