Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By GUS
I've only ever walked out sickened at the trash of one film (& waited in the cinema lobby for my friends) due to it just being "nasty"
The film was flogging a dead horse, poor script & relied on schlok to get it on screen rather than clever content..

Ok it was probably the end of the 1980's known for putting out some absolute dross but the film sickened my sensibilities.
I'd describe myself as less than religious as life wears on, but the film was offensive in my book..

When i remember the name of it i'll edit this post, however I was wondering if there are films you've gone to see as horror fans & just been disgusted, not by effect but use of content?
By Ajax
I have never walked out of a movie after paying $10 but the movie that disturbed me the most was the Exorsim of Emily Rose it was way scarier then the Excorsist because they made it seem so real . I don't think I slept for three nights after watching that. The blood guts and body parts never bothered me much. The Rape seen in the remake of Last House on the Left was pretty disturbing and not necessary I never seen the orginal.
By paddy_babe
I end up only watching half or part of most horrors. its not the blood and gore that gets me (although house on haunted hill, when I saw the pencils going through his neck I couldnt watch!), its the unknown (if that makes sense)

like The Ring scared me (I have a fear of dead bodies in water) whereas a slasher film wouldnt (scream). I LOVED freddy vs Jason, I just thought it was funny :D

The Ring, The Grudge are the two that pop to mind (ended up watching them little by little )
By matspud
I have walked out of a couple of films that involved rape scenes. I really can't watch those. As for OTT horror....... don't go to see them so haven't had to walk out of them
By SuperSonic
not one yet that ive had to walk out of
By purple1worm
matspud wrote:I have walked out of a couple of films that involved rape scenes. I really can't watch those. As for OTT horror....... don't go to see them so haven't had to walk out of them
Me too! As with torture scenes i strongly dislike rape scenes. I know it's not a horror movie but I couln't stomach that scene in "The accused " .
By SaneInsideInsanity
Ive only walked out of one movie and its not a horror dog of flanders....i was babysitting though it was pretty scary
By Raven
I have never walked out of any movie. I have seen people leave, and even demand their money back for not liking the film. I did come close to walking out of The Blair Witch Project only because I was feeling sick. The only other time I have suffered with motion sickness was on a cruise when we hit a storm. Same feeling.
By rosesrunred
I walked out of the Blair Witch Project because i thought it sucked.
By stormqueen29
I walked out of Chucky.

It goes back to a deep rooted phobia of mine. When I was no more than 10 or 11, I saw an old twilight zone episode where a man had a little girl, and the girl's doll came to life, and no matter what he did he could not kill it.

I have been terrified of the idea of a living doll ever since.

Gale
By Tkaraoke
stormqueen29 wrote:I have been terrified of the idea of a living doll ever since.
My Name is Talky Tina and you'd better be nice to me
By JMP919
paddy_babe wrote:I end up only watching half or part of most horrors. its not the blood and gore that gets me (although house on haunted hill, when I saw the pencils going through his neck I couldnt watch!), its the unknown (if that makes sense)

like The Ring scared me (I have a fear of dead bodies in water) whereas a slasher film wouldnt (scream). I LOVED freddy vs Jason, I just thought it was funny :D

The Ring, The Grudge are the two that pop to mind (ended up watching them little by little )
Funny you should say that. The Ring was probably the scariest movie I've seen. Something about being in the theater and not being able to talk about it with my friends during the movie freaked me out. Couldn't sleep that night. :P
By Tkaraoke
rosesrunred wrote:I walked out of the Blair Witch Project because i thought it sucked.
Never saw "The Witch" and never had the desire to.

Oh, BTW: Your avatar is killing me!! ROFLMAO! :lol:
By paddy_babe
JMP919 wrote:Funny you should say that. The Ring was probably the scariest movie I've seen. Something about being in the theater and not being able to talk about it with my friends during the movie freaked me out. Couldn't sleep that night. :P
I didnt watch it in the theater but still didnt help.... doesnt help either that my mam rang during the movie! (*shivers*)
ugh it was mostly the freaky vid and the dead bodies that got me.... the little girl all in white dripping water.... argh I'm going to stop talking about it now..... lol
By blueikaos
I've never walked out of a movie.

The Blair Witch Project did make me nauseous (all that bouncing around) but my mom and I thought it was REAL. We even went to the library asking for books on it. :?

Any rape scene normally bothers me (Someone had mentioned that it was totally unnecessary in Last House on the Left...which by the way, that movie as a whole, was not what I expected it to be)

LOVED the Exorcism of Emily Rose!

The Hills have Eyes disturbed me (once again with the rape scene...) those guys just creeped me out!