Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By monstermash
Just saw Daybreakers tonight and thought it was really good. Definately one to watch to in these chilly weeks. I liked the pace of the whole thing and the look of it too. For me, a lover of anything vampire related, i would give it 5 stars for being original, enagaging, funny, sad, scary and above all full of bloody vampires!!

On a side note i saw extended trailers for The Woflman wich looks fantastic and The Crazies which looks terrifying. So all in all a horrifying start to 2010 which is, of course, the best way to start any year!
By Ajax
Watched it and thought it was a great movie although a little short and not totally fleshed out plot wise, probably due to the budget. Great acting Ethan Hawk has always been one of my favorite actors since way back. It's almost like I am legend from the vampires point of view. 4 out of 5 stars from me.
By monstermash
I agree Ajax, i left wanting more from the plot but was more than satisfied with the rest. I really liked willem dafoe too and Ethans cute brother. I would definately welcome another.
By JMP919
I saw it this weekend. I thought the idea of the movie was better than the actual movie itself. It was definately entertaining.
By GUS
I finally saw this last night, & was really into it, well thought & executed, excellent casting, the breakdown to "base" form was a great nod to the original film Nosferatu, self feeding & so on!

I didn't watch it on the projector, which if I had would have really fleshed it out all the more for me, want to watch the directors commentary now!

It's a real cheap dvd & a heck of a film (imho) worth an evening in.
Sam Neill & Ethan Hawke, great casting & thoroughly believable characters.

Why on earth amidst all that did Sam's character "turn" his daughter when the blood situation was so dire?
By paddy_babe
I have watched this and thought it was really good to see the other side of the story for vamps... but admit I think the 'cure' for vampism in this movie seems unique has anyone seen any other movies that have this? Loving the cars with the black windows too!
By GUS
Well, we watched this again last night all 3 of us in bed, Izzy was fine with it, although she didn't see the most graphic aspects towards the end, as she'd snoozed off, however, no bad dreams, she see's films for what they are, actors & fx with hopefully a good storyline.

No qualms letting her watch, it's not much more gory than dr who which is always our reminder to her whenever watching something that may give cause for concern, I think the new level of comparison is walking dead, which of course she likes watching the interviews & makeup fx applied on the character walkers.
& she's fully aware that "choice language" is the realm of adults & a bit daft!

However we won't do 28 days for a few more years yet! :lol: