Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By Tkaraoke
That was a cool vid! Thanks for sharing...and BTW

At 1:14...someone needs to make a pattern from that long, slender cat. I would do that in a heartbeat!
By vibhandaka
What about "The Worst Witch"? I know it's old and has cheesy special effects, but the story has a good moral! Plus, it has Tim Curry!!! :D
By knightofni1275
oh come on.. you forgot my all time Halloween prep fav!

The Addams Family! Good update of the series, and definitely spooky feeling, but still fun for kids.

If you can find it.. Ernest Scared Stupid was a good laugh, and didn't require any thought... EEeeewwwwwwww!

and for when they get a little older.. Young Frankenstein!
By GUS
definitely young frankenstein! ..the tap routine has me in rewind for an hour of belly laughs!

Addams family I hate due to it not being a patch on the 60's versions, but good reminder to get both the munsters & addams originals on dvd!
By nosferatu
It's not really Halloweeny and it's not film but do you remember Wurzel Gummidge? It scared me as a child. It's scarecrow based,aimed at children but is quite dark and sinister at times. I watch it now with my daughter (4 this month) she keeps asking, "Daddy why is he twisting his head off his shoulders?" and is most upset she can't do it to me and also "Daddy, why are you hiding behind the sofa?" On sale at The Works - £5 for 4 dvd's.
By Euri
Tkaraoke wrote:Next to Sleepy Hollow, this is my favorite Disney halloween animated short...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcMbSoMfLf0
I agree with you, Tkaraoke, this is one of my favorites as well. My mom cleaned out her videos and this short was on a Disney Halloween Haunts tape. My kids LOVE this and we re-watch it every year. Kinda worried about wearing out the tape- wish they had it on DVD. You gotta love Witch Hazel. :D

Other movies we watch are Spaced Invaders (very funny- love the kids in the costumes) and Ghostbusters. As a preteen I would watch 'Something Wicked this Way Comes' and "Watcher in the Woods". The first always scared the livin' lights out of me. :shock: Too much for smaller kids, I think.
By Pumpkin Hunter
My little girl turns 3 next week and she is getting Monsters Inc as a Halloween DVD. This thread has been great for suggesting other films to help turn her into a mini zombie pumpkin carver.
By vibhandaka
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (with Don Knotts) would be excellent for kids.
By GUS
Well, you'll not believe this but, this morning NMBC popped through the door & we are both watching it for the first time ever!
(was very busy & never got to see it when it first came out)

& she's adoring :D it!
By OogieBoogie
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Never seen it before?!?!? You been missing out... :)