Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yes, I was hoping you'd post this! I was planning to, but you beat me to it. It sure looks like a beautiful movie. I will admit, I usually like my Halloween-time movies to have a bit more of a twisted gothic style (like the Halloween Town set from The Nightmare Before Christmas).

But it is nice to see a colorful movie for once, that also happens to feature skeletons! The Day of the Dead hasn't been represented much in this sort of medium. So it's awesome to see it getting some exposure (and again with the upcoming Pixar movie, if that's still happening).

I'm curious to see what sort of tone the story will have. Will it have the heart of something like Corpse Bride or ParaNorman? Or will it be more "kiddy" with sight gags like in Hotel Transylvania?

Either way, it's a nice switch to see the afterlife depicted not just as a dark place, but as a vibrant realm celebrating life. "Welcome to the the land of the remembered! Don't try to take it all in at once."
By chuckwagon
I saw this during the previews for Maleficent the other night, and I was pretty captivated. It seems like it's going to be a very interesting and entertaining story. VERY colorful indeed!
By pagemaster1993
I hope to hear more about this movie. It seems intresting.
By pagemaster1993
I plan on taking my Mom and Sister to see this the following week. It seems like it will be a good movie to see.
By NikkiRae
Saw this on Saturday! It was absolutely adorable. I have a slight obsession with sugar skulls and the imagery in this movie was just wonderful. And the story was cute as anything. Needless to say, I'm already planning a La Muerte costume for next year.
By pagemaster1993
Since I work at McDonald's I just had to buy this years Halloween Pails.
By pagemaster1993
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:McDonalds has had both Book of Life and Monster High happy meals lately. Nice to see them getting into the Halloween spirit.
Last year we had Monster High pails for Halloween. They also had Angry Birds Star Wars too (How is that Halloween?).