Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
While catching a glimpse at a news show today I became shocked. The passing of Robin Williams is a sad thing for the Comedy world. He gave us so much. Mork, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Genii to name a few. So I quote a dedication marquee I saw, "Rest In Peace, Robin Williams. Make God laugh." :cry:
I was beyond crushed to here this news.. He was one of my comedic inspirations. I mean I looked up to the man.. Really, REALLY sad news. May he rest in peace.. And I agree on a pattern of the late great Robin Williams.
By alyssaSF
I didn't want to believe this when I first heard it on Monday. I live in San Francisco today and have lived in the Bay Area my entire life and this really hit me hard. He was such a part of the community here and it felt like the entire Bay Area was mourning yesterday. He was so not only hilarious but also kind and generous. When my fiance was in the hospital he remembers seeing Robin come in to the pediatric oncology unit and visiting with the kids.

It really goes to show that you can seemingly have it all (family, wealth, and fame), but that depression doesn't discriminate.

I too would like to request that we have a Robin Williams Pattern.

R.I.P.
Definitely tragic and unexpected news. :cry: Never would have expected to lose Robin Williams this way. I'm sure we can find a way to pay tribute to Mr. WIlliams this season, even if it's not entirely overt. Possibilities for patterns or charities come to mind.

What's your favorite Robin Williams movie? Looking at his filmography, I'm realizing that there are many films that I missed. But of course, I did see some of his more famous dramatic turns, in movies like Dead Poets Society and Good Will Hunting. Aladdin is a great entry from Disney's renaissance of the early '90s. I have fond memories of the still charming Mrs. Doubtfire. Williams had range, even tackling darker characters, and I really enjoyed the somewhat underrated One Hour Photo.