Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By jen d.
While I'm not a huge fan of directors digging up the past and regurgitating it into something that almost pains you to watch, I'm pretty stoked that Dan Aykroyd is taking the reigns on this one. Check out the first article I've seen about this in a long, long time:

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/10/07/da ... ll-murray/
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I'd trust Aykroyd with the script of a new Ghostbusters movie. After all, it seems he was always the one most passionate about the concept. A real life believer of ghosts, he's responsible for much of the movie's technical jargon (whether totally made up, or based on true science).

And if the movie sucked, at least you could say... well this is what the original Ghostbusters wanted (rather than being a reboot with an all new cast, by new actors and new writers). They are the originators, it's theirs to screw up if they want.

Not to say I'm not hopeful. Oh, a new Ghostbusters movie, how grand it would be. But at the same time, how can a "new generation" of ghost busting team members really pick up the torch and carry a movie so brilliantly pulled off by the 80s legends?

Remakes, reboots and decades-later sequels will always happen. Gotta accept that. Hope for the best, but know that no matter what comes out, we'll always have the original to watch over and over. In fact, I think I'll put in my GB bluray right now.
By GUS
Surely you should have cranky old original ghostbusters come down from "head office" / luxury yachts to deal with ......whatever, creaking bones, moans at the speng for inventing such uncomfy packs, old man gripes basically that show the ghostbusters have aged & become more cynical / jaded as times moved & the hype of old glories are loaded on mere film stars etc..
With the CG of today you could do something pretty amazing, I think folk forget that the old GB1 & 2 were actually pretty dark for movies of their time, quite grimey, or maybe that was simply the film stock?
Now if you could zombieland it to some degree... :lol: :twisted:
By zombombie
I'm really quite excited but at the same time I really don't want to get my hopes up.... I'll just have to hope for the best.

I really enjoyed the game and that was written by Ramis & Ackroyd so fingers crossed!
By jen d.
Yeah, I'm really hoping (while not hoping too much) that having someone who has truly been a part of it all from the very beginning will have enough insight into the minds of true fans... not to screw it all up. No pressure. Dan. From the sounds of it, Ramis is also on board with this project and I have no doubt that he will have his hands in it as well, which to me, is a good thing.
By The Vlad Hatter
This one has a bit of a better chance than it did previously, as Bill Murray's profile with younger geneerations has been on the up recently, so it migth help draw in and if it gets a proper budget the effects alone will brink people.
By SuperSonic
If baby Oscar became a Ghostbuster that would be cool :)
By billymaya
id love to see this film brought out but like others i hope they dont ruin the magic of the originals they are one of my fave films of all time i still have all the toys from the 80's from when i was a kid :)

if i won the lottery the first thing i would do would to buy the original ecto 1 or at least buy a exact replica of one how kewl would that be to drive that around id even hire it out for films and limo service you know do all the proms ect ect oooooooooo please let me win the lottery
By Zombie Pumpkins!
My interest in another Ghostbusters movie was already waning, and most likely died with Harold Ramis. :( From what I've heard, the planned story would involve a new generation of Ghostbusters, with only cameos from the original guys. Bill Murray already seems against participation, and of course Ramis is sadly no longer an option.

A new Ghostbusters film now would basically be like a reboot with new actors. The idea of paranormal janitors that clean up the city like firefighters is a great concept. But... can that element alone carry a movie? Remember why we love the original Ghostbusters so much. All those quotable lines written by Ramis and Aykroyd. All those funny interactions ad-libbed by Murray and Moranis. Ghostbusters isn't the concept, it's those specific guys.

Do we really want to see totally different people in the uniforms? With only a brief cameo from just one or two "old" Ghostbusters? If that's what people really wanted to see, the 2009 video game would have portrayed that. But did it? Nope... the video game featured all of the original guys, looking young and in the height of their 80s era glory. That game was pretty great. Cool story and humor. It's the closest thing we'll ever get to a true Ghostbusters 3, so we should be glad that we have it.
By pagemaster1993
I don't see it happening now. It would be a disappointing if they just remade or completely followed a new set of Ghostbusters. I think James and Mike of Cinemassacre.com had it right. James believes that the most recent game was a true Ghostbusters 3.

http://cinemassacre.com/2014/03/04/haro ... s-tribute/
By pagemaster1993
I saw the X-box version on sale at Gamestop I think I'll pick it up now. I heard it is the best Ghostbusters' game ever.