Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By CorpseBride
Not sure which section these fit in...soooo....

My son and I made monster cupcakes over the weekend for his daycare party. Everyone else was making cutesy little things...but we are not everyone and we made monsters!!! lol Granted they are still cutesy, but they are not rainbows and butterflies.

We had to do them pretty fast, so that kind of sucks. I really wanted to spend more time making them really pop, but oh well. I will make sure I set aside a lot of time for my Halloweeen ones!

Sorry for the quality, my camera is on its last legs and my budget is almost non-existent for a new one at this point. :cry:

For some reason I cannot stop this one from turning on its side...
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The pictures are just fine and this is a good section of the forum for these shots. Edible or not, they are art. Those cupcakes are awesome! If those were done quickly, I can't wait to see what you can do with more planning and time. :)

What are the cupcake tops made of? The spots, arms, horns, etc... great stuff. Looks like something KILLER KLOWN might have made. But please tell me you're not feeding the daycare kids polymer clay.
By CorpseBride
Ahahaha....no not feeding them polymer clay. Pure sugar instead. Everything you see is either fondant or has been piped on with generic icing.

The trick for the pieces that are sticking out is to make them about 48hrs before you are actually going to decorate the cupcakes. So it does take a bit of planning but the end result is a sturdy design.

P.S - Thanks for the kind words!
By GUS
They are simply superb CB. congrats on that level of professionalism whilst entertaining a small child!..takes some doing.

did you use some iceing gum to stiffen the regal icing for the upright swirls, which are Very impressive.

I bet the kids made a bee-line for those & left the rest.
By matspud
They are awesome ( as my son would say). I couldn't turn out something that good no matter how much time and planning went into it. Congratulations. Edible art. :D
By purple1worm
Cool cupcakes!
By monstermash
8) I might have to steal those ideas and make a batch of my own. :P
By KILLER KLOWN
Fantastic work! Very creative!! I especially like the pink guy with the droopy lookin' eyes.

How'd they go over at the daycare party? I loves me some fondant!
By SaneInsideInsanity
I also loves me fondant....still have a good chiunk of it in the cupboard may have t give some of these ago soon

LOVE THE CUPCAKES
By CorpseBride
GUS wrote:They are simply superb CB. congrats on that level of professionalism whilst entertaining a small child!..takes some doing.

did you use some iceing gum to stiffen the regal icing for the upright swirls, which are Very impressive.

I bet the kids made a bee-line for those & left the rest.
For the upright swirls I just used fondant. I rolled the fondant tapering one end a bit, then curled it around a toothpick to get the curly shape. Then I took the toothpick out and shoved it in the bottom. I let them dry for about 2 days or so then just shoved them into the cupcake! Simple as that!!!

And yes a MAJOR hit at daycare. I was pretty much attacked when I walked through the door. It was so cute, my son was so proud too.

P.S - Thanks for the kind words. I am glad some of you are going to try them! That is why I posted them, I knew they would be appreciated here...and even recreated!
By GUS
Wilton food dyes are the best, another thing we hide in our luggage!
(secret cake makers) ..I'll have to upload a few pics to my twitter account for you lot to see, CP if you haven't got days to spare merly hours then treganth? gum does the job superbly, it's what we used on our Tinkerbell house for making thin autumnal leaves.
gives alot of potential to stiff structures.