Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By KILLER KLOWN
So my sister's cat died a few days ago and I thought it would be a neat gesture to make a casket for the cat since she was planning on burying it. Well I mis-judged the dimensions and made it a touch small. I thought for sure a 24" long casket would be big enough :?

So we buried the kitty without the casket and now I have a small pet coffin. I am planning on finishing the inside and doing some fancy 3D artwork on the top. It will probably go up for sale in my Etsy shop since none of my skeletons will fit in there.

I took some progress photos as I went. Sorry for fuzzy pics. My camera broke so I have been using my iphone to take pics until I get a new one.

Thanks for lookin'...T
By CombichristGirl
bad situation exellent design and craftsman ship :). you could use it to hole the candy :)
By GUS
That's a fantastic idea CCG!

..KK, I guess fit to shape (cat to coffin) is a bit hard when rigor mortis has set in!? :lol:
My cat died almost 2 years ago now & i'm still "annoyed" at him, still gutted, hope she's bearing up, you can get very emotionally attached to the fridge raiding, foot clawing, demanding little tos...s
I was.
By nosferatu
Having buried a menagerie of pets in the garden over the years - some of them actually dead (joke!) I can empathize. The last pet I actually buried was a cat a few years back.

As I was digging the grave, I suddenly realized how fit serial killers must be. I had barely dug down two feet into firm ground and was sweating like crazy.

Beautiful craftsmanship on the ca(t)sket. I think you have found another sideline. Over here, pet owners are exploited and you would find a ready market for them.

I also think that in a variety of sizes, they could be used to make an excellent patio herb garden
By mudd
dude, someone who is all into the death theme can use it as a jewelery box.
By SuperSonic
What kind of wood did you use KK?
By monstermash
Great coffin, sorry about the cat though. You could go into business making those. Pet Undertakers.
By KILLER KLOWN
Hey SuperSonic... I used 3/4" sanded plywood. It might be a little overkill but it was left over from another project. The hinges and handles came from my local Home Depot. It's solid enough that I could stand on it, and I'm no little tike. :lol:
By SuperSonic
Cool work, it didnt look like 3/4" ply thats why i asked. from the size of the pics it looks like (with out the stain) a possible Pine or Ash.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I never commented on this, but I wanted to say... nice work on the coffin, KILLER KLOWN. I've always loved the look of the classic toe-pincher coffin. If I had my way, I'd repurpose them for all sorts of things... a coffin desk, coffin coffee table, coffin bookcases, coffin shaped bathtub... :lol: Just not a coffin for a bed, that would be too morbid. :wink: