Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By CombichristGirl
update: changed the xmas sign to luck for st. patties day
and since i call my shed the lab i thought how perfect lol. i do all my building and carving and such out there, it's even got a heater cable tv dvd player and radio lol it's man cave lol. i have horrible can cotrol but im working on it lol and i suck at free handing with spraiy paint ha ha
so to keep myself busy in the off season i have been spray painting canvas' and using stenciling like never before for me. i also though poorly attempted my first video filming editing and all lol. all canvas' done with ironlak spray paint and various paint makers and sharpies. BTW all pics on my cell :/.so on with the show :)
I picked up some canvas' cheap one day and decided to do this one of my daughter. it makes her look older than she is lol
18 in.x24 in.
my cousin saw that one and loved it. he had 2 canvas' for me. this was hard and it still didn't line up like the strings /details, so...
these were slighly smaller than 18x24 not sure exactly
close up of horrible mess
this one is for me me me loldone last night
12 in.x24 in.
and here we have my very first video ever
:!: :) notice anything in the video lol :)
Last edited by CombichristGirl on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By purple1worm
Cool vid. Nice canvases!! Very creative!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Awesome work, CombichristGirl. I love to see people getting creative, and you're certainly making some interesting stuff. With spray paint and stencils and markers, no less. I bet your fingertips are covered in paint by the end. Heh.

Is this a technique you picked up somewhere, or just your own trial and error experimentation? It has a unique look. Keep at it!

I especially like the video... anything that makes use of a ZP stencil is certainly a winner to me. :)
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CombichristGirl
i reseached different techniques plus trail and tons and tons of error lol probably more to come. I love art so much from drawing to painting to building coffins and corpses to carving pumpkins to designing websites even in the past lol. i have to much time and not enough money for crafts lmao thank you guys so much for ur support. this is hands down the best community i have been involved in :)
ps i usually at least glove my left hand but i do forget so yes lots paints on my fingers lol
By GUS
Nice video, (& canvas) ..do yurself a favour though & search out some 3M respirators with replaceable filters on ebay (where I get em when it's not going mad with avian / pig flu)

.. very comfortable & useable for a long time (if cleaned regularly)

..so have you thought of making up any blacklight stencils for the windows at halloween????
By SaneInsideInsanity
Great work. My spray painting is delayed till summer not well enough ventilated indorrs but I may try my hand at that.
Your work is wonderful
By CombichristGirl
yeah i wear one some times... some times i forget only because i love the smell of this paint i forget it can be hazardous lol that must be the paint talking lol
and u have got me thinking on what all i can do with my windows. it seems i usually neglect my windows :)
sade i cant wait to see some of ur work. i lov3 working with pray paint :)
By GUS
Whoa!

..we really need dexters lab as a stencil, CCG, I think youi ought to bag that pumpkin request..
By CombichristGirl
awe didn't even think of that lol that would be totally cool and Dee-Dee. i always liked Dexters grandpa to "come here Billy" lol
By CombichristGirl
dunno what design's just yet but will be doing something for each :)
dexter will be staying but he's on the front so u can't see him from the front of the house and our side of the circle. u'd have to go around the block to be able to see anything, even then u might be in the neighbor's yard lol. i think for halloween there will be a giant zp mascot up :). i might have to do a painful video of that one lol :)
By GUS
Well now you have to make a barn/ shed photo book that stays in there, in order to show the history of the building & different incarnations, I do that when re-modelling the house.
By CombichristGirl
yep i have a pic of each one and want to do something like that :). thats like when i looked at google earth and it showed a car i don't have anymore, my mom's van that's gone, and the house didn't have a deck the shed was in a different place. also side note i have been n youtube watching footage of places in ohio that are either abandoned or footage from the 50's+ of the areas. and though im not that old. it just takes me back to a times when things were simple and to the point. old amusement parks and lodges in their hay day. radio broadcasts. don't get me wrong i love many advancements but man so much red tape and war both personal and foreign. just blahghhhhh
By GUS
Yes I know what you mean!

Britains affinity with animals / the countryside was screwed as result of Germany kicking off the 1st world war ...then the second...
:(
the whole world changed at that point not all for the better.