Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By mesmark
I had some ZP buttons from a couple years ago and I gave a few away as prizes to my costume contest winners. My son asked if he could have the rest and I said sure.

He loves to draw and he sat down and made a few into characters for his new anime strip "Halloween Quest"

The top one and the second one were done from looking off the button, but the other three were just draw from seeing ZP stuff here and there around the house.

Here are the characters in action, I guess.

I wasn't sure if this goes in stenciling beyond the pumpkins or other eerie artwork ... :? But I thought it was neat, took pictures and now I'm showing them off.
By CombichristGirl
wow that is awesome. i hope he keeps at it, because hes great. ur whole family has talant :)
By nosferatu
Creativity obviously runs in the family. I wish I could draw like that now let alone when I was younger. My Japanese is a little rusty (non - existant) but Ithink he has a great career ahead of him.

He should call his first publication "Mesmark's Apprentice"
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for bringing this copyright infringement to my attention, Mark! My lawyers will be contacting your son shortly. :wink:

Honestly though, I'm quite flattered that he likes the characters enough to draw them. And a fine job indeed! You must be proud (he's not even my kid, but I sure am).

I'm considering added a gallery to the site to feature this sort of "fan art" so I'd like to use these images, with your permission of course.

Tell him the Patch Master in the US says, good job! I'll have to include some more inspirational mascot buttons and stickers with my next shipment to Japan.
By mesmark
zombiepumpkins wrote:Thanks for bringing this copyright infringement to my attention, Mark! My lawyers will be contacting your son shortly. :wink:
Yeah, I told him he wouldn't be able to sell it and he was heartbroken :lol:

He thought for sure that he'd struck it rich :P
zombiepumpkins wrote:I'm considering added a gallery to the site to feature this sort of "fan art" so I'd like to use these images, with your permission of course.

Absolutely, I was thinking this was more 'fan art' than anything.
zombiepumpkins wrote:Tell him the Patch Master in the US says, good job! I'll have to include some more inspirational mascot buttons and stickers with my next shipment to Japan.

He loves to draw and so we take every chance to encourage him. I told him you liked the drawing and would be sending him something. (If that happens, it happens. He probably won't remember, so don't feel pressure.) I just thought that was a cool gesture and it would mean something to him. Everyone loves to be appreciated.

We generally try to encourage him to draw on his own, at least not copy by tracing. He does like to trace a lot, but he does his own interpretations as well. He's always been really good. Even when he was very little, he would look at things and trace them in the air with his fingers. Or we would watch a movie and he would immediate want to draw the characters he liked.

Maybe someday he'll be designing something everyone will see ... or something nice for my bathroom ;)

Hopefully, the former.
By SaneInsideInsanity
I see a squaresoft designer in our future :P