Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By nosferatu
Pity they can't be plugged in, then they would be electrifying! Love them as usual and the amp gives them a Frankenstein feel. I have visions that they'll be in your office and as dusk falls they will slowly start to flicker, getting brighter and brighter

8)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Love 'em, keep the creativity coming!

I also love your photo presentation, with the collage of images. Really shows off your work well, from all sides, including details and demonstrating scale.

Are you using any particularly special camera or lighting for these photos? The lighting looks very natural and nicely defused.
By CombichristGirl
those are all sweet! great idea. i cant wait to see the light up ones:)
By KILLER KLOWN
Thanks guys!

Hey Ryan...I think I have just as much fun taking the pictures as I do making the figures!

In almost all cases natural light is the best for taking photos. It just so happened to be overcast that day but there is still lots of ambient light! You don't get bad shadows, like you do with direct sunlight.

The camera is actually a Nikkon 8megapixel point & shoot, set to macro. Hopefully I can sell enough of these things to get the camera I really want, Digital DSLR (Cannon or Nikkon).

More to come...T
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ah, very nice. Natural light (especially dusk, dawn and overcast days) makes for great photos without harsh shadows. I shot the product pictures for the Shocking Shop with that sort of light (with some bounce cards to direct the light a bit). I have a Canon Rebel XSi, love that thing.

Keep up the good work, I'm sure you'll see a bunch of your crafty creature creations.
By GUS
On a Photography trip...
We use around 5 cameras nowadays (funny seeing as I don't post pics)
Mainly Panasonic Lumix & Canon D20
We bought the D20 when it was £1300 ..cheap for the time, & frankly any extra investments have been for additional lenses..
we use...

Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6IS

EX SIGMA 17-35mm F2.8-4 DG

& another few bits & pieces,
Just invested in a small fold up photo studio doo-dahs which really works well for a few pounds when shooting small bits & bobs..
try looking for a d20 on ebay, they're a few years old now however as ever with a good camera, lenses make the difference.
By paddy_babe
Killer Klown I love your work and when I see a new post of your newest creation I HAVE to have a look, but please (and please dont think of me as blonde :lol:) what is an amp tube???

I tried guessing from the pic but I've never seen nor used one before lmao

I was just going to enjoy the little creatures but it is bugging me now (I asked my bf and he doesnt know...) :lol:
By GUS
"Amp tubes" generally from esoteric, QUALITY music amplifiers for those with taste & an appreciation of quality of sound before adding in the music.
A warm room full of cool!

AKA not cruddy cheap music centres, rooms based around the HI-FI iso-plats & deadening materials, minimal furniture in order not to obscure / colour the sound.

Generally child free area, (kid's POKE & DESTROY lfu's et al)
Dads last refuge.
By paddy_babe
LMAO gus! :lol:

thanks for letting me know what it was :)