Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
I meant to post this before Christmas, but couldn't find the time. Anyway, here's the wreath I had hanging on my door for the month of December.

ImageImage

Inspired by the monster wreath that comes to life in The Nightmare Before Christmas.

I whipped this up pretty cheap, with a wire frame wreath I found at the dollar store. Added some clay eyes and some ribbon and viola. It got a good reaction from the neighbors so if I can find the time next year, I may try to make a more movie accurate version.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Kittie
That is WAY to cool!! I totally want to do that now!
By OogieBoogie
Oh wow! I love it! Would it be offensive if I "borrowed" your idea??
By CombichristGirl
i love love love this wreath. if i had money i would have u make me one :cry: :D it looks awesome!
By GUS
ryan, make em. sell em!

Just pop a disclaimer on, that these are handcrafted homage items ..etc

you'd have a seasonal seller their to boost your coffers for the site I reckon!
By SuperSonic
Hey Ryan, how did you make the eyes and the tentacles for lack of a better word) :?:
Last edited by SuperSonic on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By SuperSonic
This would acctually make a good pattern, to add to your monstrous amount of The Nightmare Before Christmas patterns of course
Last edited by SuperSonic on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ZPjames
That is such a cool wreath. I wish you could buy those already made. I probably wouldn't be able to make that. But, man is it cool.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Why_SoSerious_101 wrote:hey ryan how'd u make the eyes and the tentacles for lack of a better word) :?:
The eyes were made of Sculpey clay, with the pupil drawn on with a Sharpie.

The tentacles were made of... well its wire with fake needles on it. Like the material an artificial Christmas tree is made of. And that long strip of it came with my fake Christmas tree. It's used to tied the branches together tight when storing it in the box.

Now... why they give you that instead of some rope or plain wire, I don't know. It's not like the ties need to blend into the tree when it's in storage.
By Sind3315
So that's what that extra piece is for! Wow, learn something new everyday.

Now I know and knowing is half the battle, GI Joe!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I hung up my wreath today, and made a few tweaks to last year's version. Most noticeably, the addition of teeth:

By Tkaraoke
ROFLMAO!!!!!! I love it!!!

I bet Santa thinks twice about drinking the milk and eating the cookies at your place!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
By nosferatu
Those teeth are sharper than my razor.

That looks fantastic. Christmassy yet creepy, festive but fearsome.

I'm pretty sure he is related to Oscar the Grouch. The less child friendly, more child eating, version.

Very cool
By Batchman
Just as a couple of extra suggestions for this ... there used to be a web site filled with Nightmare Before Christmas do-it-yourself projects, though it vanished around 2006 or so.

On their wreath, they carved the teeth out of florists' clay or whatever the stuff is called (that green stuff that seems almost like a cross between clay and a sponge, and acts like permanent memory foam)

They also made the eyes out of some kind of pull-apart craft ornaments (in yellow), and wired in a couple of Christmas tree lights so the eyes actually lit up.

I have never done any of this kind of thing, but it does seem remarkably cool!

(As an aside, Nice look the the forum ... I stumbled upon it while just looking for NBC Christmas Wreaths. I know that pumpkin emoticon set! It haunts my forum at halloween!)