Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ooh, I like! I've always liked Day of the Dead skulls. Awesome little project you got going there. Looking forward to seeing more of the progress.

By the way, what material was used to sculpt that skull and how large is it?
By KILLER KLOWN
Hey Ryan... I actually didn't need to sculpt these skulls. They are .99 cent foam skulls from Wal-Mart. I spray painted it satin white and went from there. The skull in the Hot Blood post is what it looked like before painting.

Later...T
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ah ok. The pure white made it look like clay. The reason I asked is - I'm planning to make a little skull or two and was trying to decide what to use. Considering that they'll be really small, I'm thinking Sculpy might be the way to go.
By CorpseBride
Those are great! I love Day of the Dead skulls....I really want to get one tattoed on me someday soon. I can't wait to see what they look like when they are done!
By KILLER KLOWN
CorpseBride...Thanks for the kind words. I have been considering a DOTD tattoo myself. I might have to work up some flash.

Ryan... If you're going small with the skulls, polymer clay is the way to go. I work with the stuff all of the time. The best is "Premo". It's made by the Sculpey people also.

I was going to make some "skull molds" for polymer clay this weekend. I f you're interested, I can make you one and send it to you? That way you can just push the clay into the mold and make lots of them.

Later...T
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for the tips. Be sure to show off your upcoming skulls and molds when you have pictures of them.

As for my own skull needs... well, I'm thinking of something kinda specialized. A small cat skull, to be honest. I'll share photos of my progress when I get to it.
By GUS
they are fantasticly cool.

definite stencil material, esp the one on the right I reckon.

nice spin on tiki's
By joeincogento
Dia de los Muertos is a great holiday. Given the large Hispanic population here in Corpus, I'm always disappointed by the lack of attention it is given. Aside from a few stores which sell the masks and figurines year round, there's really nothing. No papel picado, no pan de muerto, nobody dressed as Catrina. Anyway, here's a shirt I designed to celebrate my love of baseball and Dia de los Muertos

Siempre Beisbol translates as "Baseball Forever"
By KILLER KLOWN
Nice work on the logo Joe.

I've really become a little obsessed with this holiday myself. I especially love the imagery! Skulls, skulls, skulls, and more skulls. What's not to love?

Later...T
By The Vlad Hatter
I bought these little $1 Styrofoam skulls the day after Halloween. I wanted to attempt to do some Day of the Dead skulls.

Can anybody give me some pointers on the type of paint that would work best on this?

Thanks
By KILLER KLOWN
I usually base coat my skulls with Krylon spray paint.
To decorate them I use acrylic craft paints(Americana).
When I'm done, I seal the whole skull with Mod Podge.

Hope that helps :)
Later...T