Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By Chewy
ok, so this is probably in the wrong section - I figure Ryan will probably move it / answer and kill as he sees fit.

Ive printed the new VIP pattern, have an issue I havent seen before - thick black bar acreoss the bottom of the page & a narrower one up the right side.

Baffled.

Anyone had this issue - any ideas on how to correct.

Have printed it two ways - HP LaserJet 1200 & a Kodak AiO5500 - same results. PC is a relatively new install of win 7.

Thanks!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hmm. Is it only the first VIP pattern, or does it happen when you print other patterns on the site?

Also, can you tell me what web browser (and what version, if possible) you're using?
By Chewy
Aha... ok, so, Paranorman does the same thing. I dont really want to do too many - there be a lot of toner going into those purdy black strips!

IE 9.0.8xxx

Thanks!
By MooBoo
I have the same problem, also using IE. Thought it was just my printer though. :D
By MooBoo
Dadja wrote:I used to have that as well, do you print on A4 or the 'special sized paper only Americans use'?
Lol, i'm using A4 paper and my printer is set to A4 as well :?
By mesmark
I tried printing with IE and I got the same black sections. It looks like the file isn't formatting to the International A4 size.

I don't have this issue when using FireFox. I tried it with Chrome and the file is smaller and centered, but no lines.

However, the top image and navigation are broken in Chrome - see pic below. When I roll over the top, I get the top half of the mascot. The bottom navigation is missing as well.
Last edited by mesmark on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Anyone else want to chime in? Collecting more data samples couldn't hurt.

We recently ran issue with the new version of Chrome browser for Windows... it was cutting off the bottom of the pattern when they were printed. I figured out how to fix this, and then had to create nearly 300 NEW pattern files so they would be fixed. No, not tedious and time consuming at all. :roll:

Hope I don't have to do that all again to fix for IE. But I'll do what must be done. Seems like the A4 size might be part of the trend, which is not something I use. But I'll keep that in mind and do some more testing.
By SuperSonic
zombombie wrote:I use IE and have the same black bar issue. I thought it was some kind of new design! :lol:
Thats what I thought. :lol:

Ryan must be using every broswer under the sun to do all this testing!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
SuperSonic wrote:
zombombie wrote:I use IE and have the same black bar issue. I thought it was some kind of new design! :lol:

If it was a design element that was going to waste your ink, I would have made it prettier than just a bar. :lol:

Is the consensus that this issue is "new"? Didn't print with black bars last year?
By ghostface
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
SuperSonic wrote:

If it was a design element that was going to waste your ink, I would have made it prettier than just a bar. :lol:

Is the consensus that this issue is "new"? Didn't print with black bars last year?
I too thought it was a new design also. :lol: But, Ryan yes it is "new" it did not happen last year.