Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By monstermash
I get the black bar too. I use IE, and A4 paper. It didn't happen last year or for any of the old patterns. Just this years ones. The three new ones from this year all had the black bar at the side and bottom but I printed a few old patterns just before the launch and they were fine.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I had tested printing from all major browser, PC and Mac, right before launching the new site. At the time, everything with IE seemed fine. Not sure what could have changed since then but....

I just tried printing from IE and I do see what you're talking about (even on 8.5" x 11" paper). Hmph. Well the good news is, since I am able to replicate the problem on my end, I should be able to troubleshoot it and get it solved! 8)

In the meantime, you might consider printing from another browser if the extra ink usage is a concern. Thanks for the help and patience, minions!
By monstermash
Im really stingy with my ink and only print using the draft setting as you can still see the pattern clearly. So the ink bar at the side and bottom doesn't bother me in that respect, the page just looks better without it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I think I've tracked down the source of the problem.
Here's the Paranorman pattern printed from IE on Windows... before and after the fix:

So far, only Paranorman and Nemesis are "fixed" and should print without the black bars on the side/bottom.

If anyone who previously had the black-bar issue in I.E. browsers plans to print either of these 2 patterns... let me know if you can verify that the black bars are gone.

Once I'm certain that my fix works, I can get to work on the task of creating nearly 300 new pattern files. Can't wait to do that! :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
zombombie wrote:Just printed Nemesis from IE and sadly the black bar's still there, running along the bottom of the page only.
Ah, you guys and your long foreign paper sizes. ;) I've extended the white background even further, so hopefully NOW it's fixed. :| :!: (for Paranorman and Nemesis only, so far)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yeah, I blame the paper!! :lol: Actually though, I blame the browsers. Seems both Chrome and Internet Explorer made some changes to how they print files. Trying to find a setup that pleases browsers across the board. Hopefully it's solved for now.

Now to go fix all the old patterns....
By sodajazz
Ah, you guys and your long foreign paper sizes. ;)
A4

By 1975 so many countries were using the German system that it was established as an ISO standard, as well as the official United Nations document format. By 1977 A4 was the standard letter format in 88 of 148 countries. Today the standard has been adopted by all countries in the world except the United States and Canada. In Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia, Venezuela, Chile and the Philippines the US letter format is still in common use, despite their official adoption of the ISO standard.

See the US just has to stand out from the crowd :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
When it comes to paper size, we American's like to be the rebels, I guess. Still using imperial units of measure too! Sheesh.

While most countries don't use 8.5" x 11" letter paper, 85% of my users do (being US or Canada residents).

And it's the kind of paper readily available for my testing with my own printer. Who knew A4 would be different? You guys and gals! Thanks for the help troubleshooting. :D
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:When it comes to paper size, we American's like to be the rebels, I guess. Still using imperial units of measure too! Sheesh.
I'm the Canadian rebel. DOWN WITH METRIC!!!! Stupid Metric'ses Always playing games with Super Sonics brain they are. Filthy Metric'ses

mesmark wrote:Yeah, 3 teaspoons per tablespoon, 2 tablespoons per ounce, 8 ounces per cup, 2 cups per pint, 2 pints per quart, 4 quarts per gallon. (or something like that.) It's simple! Who needs metric?
I can't STAND metric, ironically enough, I use Imperial more times than I would EVER use Metric. I just hate the system + it makes no sense to me. I'm also from Canada, where I get tortured by it daily :(