Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
RavensDestiny wrote:Wait..does this mean Ryan doesn't have an idea for this year's site launch, name and mascot??? My god man, we don't have much time!!
Haha. Oh believe me, I know. I can feel The Great Pumpkin breathing down my neck once again. I'll just say... the tshirts aren't printed yet, so there's still time to tweak the 2012 mascot. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Last year it was up on September 16th so that gives you less than 2 months Ryan hurry hurry!

Ryan I notice you are online usually very late, do you not work in the morning or one of those ppl that only need 5 hours sleep?
sloaner wrote:Ryan I notice you are online usually very late, do you not work in the morning or one of those ppl that only need 5 hours sleep?
It's possible to find me online at many odd hours of the day. Depends on what the day's workload requires. I make my own hours, but generally find that I'm more creative after the witching hour. I must be vampire, since I often wait until sunrise to go to ground.
Dredge wrote:I like being able to see the flames. Like in the mouth of Dawn. It reminds me that they are jacks and not just killer pumpkins.
True, although remember that the Zombie Pumpkins are technically the pumpkins that you left to rot in the pumpkin patch. Nobody loved them enough to carve them and put a candle in them. That's why they're usually depicted (especially the first couple mascots) with mouths that they tore open themselves, with nothing but darkness inside.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
sloaner wrote:Ryan I notice you are online usually very late, do you not work in the morning or one of those ppl that only need 5 hours sleep?
It's possible to find me online at many odd hours of the day. Depends on what the day's workload requires. I make my own hours, but generally find that I'm more creative after the witching hour. I must be vampire, since I often wait until sunrise to go to ground.
Dredge wrote:I like being able to see the flames. Like in the mouth of Dawn. It reminds me that they are jacks and not just killer pumpkins.
True, although remember that the Zombie Pumpkins are technically the pumpkins that you left to rot in the pumpkin patch. Nobody loved them enough to carve them and put a candle in them. That's why they're usually depicted (especially the first couple mascots) with mouths that they tore open themselves, with nothing but darkness inside.

Good point :D
mesmark wrote:I like the "melting" mouths of the original and Revenge.

I also like the more frontal view with Revenge, Night, and Dawn
I agree frontal view is more" in your face".
paddy_babe wrote:I prefer the jaggdy mouths
RavensDestiny wrote:I've always loved Revenge because he is just evil looking. I also like the melting mouth of the first two.
staticfurball wrote:I agree frontal view is more "in your face."
I think you will like the new mascot then! :twisted:
nosferatu wrote:What should the 2012 mascot look like? It should and will look awesome.

Obviously, the ten years / decade implications would suggest some sort of skeletal or partially decayed pumpkin.
I love this idea...and the idea with Frankie's bolts.

My favourite pieces of previous mascots are Curse's swirly eye and his adorable underbite, Revenge's evil eyes and wicked grin. Something I love about all of them is their warty appearance, the gnarly stems and sharp bold lines. The shading is also brilliantly done!
I must say, Attack, Curse, and Night are my fave mascots for these reasons:

Attack:
1. Melting Mouth
2. Tall and very sad looking (as if someone had left him for dead)
3. It was the first Mascot, therefore one of the better ones.

Curse:
1. That eye is always my favorite part of Curse, the swirl just makes you hypnotized by him.
2. The side profile was very effective, along with his underbite. Wouldn't mind seeing that again in the future
3. It was the time I first stumbled on this site, therefore very special to me.

Night:

1. The Worm in his mouth. makes you think he came up from the ground, after snacking on some brains of course! :D
2. He looks a lot like a grinning jack, which is my 2nd most favorite section on the site.
3. The wide body was what really made me like this mascot, again something I would like to see on future mascots.

Well, there's my 2 cents, which Canada doesn't mint anymore (pennies).