Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By zombombie
Maybe Ryan should open up a whole new comic book characters patterns section? Imagine the possibilites:

Green howler:

Hulk
Green Goblin
Beast Boy

Blue howler:

Captain America
Superman
Beast

Red howler:

Red Skull
Spider-Man (I know he's there already :))

I'm sure there's tons more, but I'm at work so should really be busy ;)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
All the comic characters named are great ideas. I've considered a comic book category for the site, but that would be quite a door to open. So many options. So many hardcore fans who are adamant about which heroes and villains they like (and which incarnations). But it's probably only a matter of time... there are just to many characters ripe for stenciling.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pagemaster1993
To Edinburghzombie
Good list of heros/villans, but the Hulk is already a pattern on here too(from the old live t.v. show though(so it is not the angry giant Hulk that we all love to see bash stuff to hell and back))

To Ryan
Comic book heros do have a lot of die hard fans, so far you are doing a pretty good job when it comes to Marvel characters(I do not care for D.C. so I have no real opinon there).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Well most of the comic characters I have are the movie versions. Batman, Joker, V for Vendetta, Iron Man, Hellboy. There are so many comic-based movies these days, so it's possible to pattern-ize a lot of these famous characters and they can fit in my movie categories. But... maybe I can branch out more and have a section for their comic book style appearances.
By pagemaster1993
I almost forgot there was a Hellboy pattern. So that means all the Dark Horse Comics charcters you did so far are awesome. I think that using the movie versions is better because a lot more people see the movies then actually read the comics and grapich novels, but seeing Hellboy or The Crow/Eric Draven from the comics would be pretty sweet(I also forgot The Crow/Eric Draven is a comic book hero too).
By pagemaster1993
As I continue to look through the patterns I keep spotting orginally comic book characters. King Leonidas and The Immortal were orginally from the 300 graphic novel. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were originally a comic. Not sure about this one but is the three True Blood characters origanly comic book heros or was the comic book series released after the shows air? Buffy and Spike were originally comic book heros. The Hulk was originally a comic book hero(I would love to see a comic book version or even the more recent movie versions of The Hulk). I think I covered all the characters that were origanlly comics. No Sam does not count he was a movie character before he was a comic character. Neither does Gene Simmons who was a Rock Star before becoming a comic book character. Wow this is long post.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Good observations pagemaster. Seems like every popular TV show and movie gets a comic book adaptation. True Blood was first a series of novels (before becoming a TV show, and then a comic). Buffy the Vampire Slayer was originally a movie (before becoming a TV show, and then a comic).

You can use the pattern search feature to search for something like COMICS to see a list of characters that are related to the comic books. If you can think of anything that should come up in the search results but is missing, let me know.

The old TV version of Hulk might seem like an odd choice for me to have made, but I created that one because it had a chance to be seen at a convention by the actor that played the part, Lou Ferrigno.

And Edinburghzombie - I agree, Mike Mignola's comic art style would probably work great as pumpkin patterns!
By pagemaster1993
Here is some inspiration for Ryan for some of our Marvel requests.

Image[/img]
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice picture from Marvel, but if most of those designs were actually carved, the floating pieces would fall apart. I guess I'll just have to show them how it's really done!
By pagemaster1993
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Nice picture from Marvel, but if most of those designs were actually carved, the floating pieces would fall apart. I guess I'll just have to show them how it's really done!
Yeah I put this up on impulse not realizing the patterns they had were impossible.