Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By SuperSonic
On another forum I have joined, there is a feature to locate and figure out what thread and topic a user is browsing, so you know where they are on the site. On their profile it would look like this:

SuperSonic

All the profile info

Reading/Replying to: Costume Help

It would also show what the user is doing instead of where they are as well.

Super Sonic

All profile info

Is writing a private message/Is using the PM system.

And it would also display the time at which they are doing it.

Ever thought about something like this for ZP!?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I have access to that information (in the admin area) but it's not currently a public feature. Would anyone want that? Would everyone be comfortable with being able to be stalked?
By SuperSonic
Well that wasn't the intent :P

Its just usefull if say you were talking to a certain use (such as Ryan) about a certain topic, you would know if he is using the PM system or not.

Its not needed but I thought it was cool.

Its main purpose on that site, is to talk to a user if you are dealing with them. And to locate them if they are spamming, being abnoxious (Grave Digger comes to mind :P), as well as other functional uses.
By purple1worm
I don't think I'd use that feature.
By nosferatu
I suppose its the electronic version of HP'S marauder map but I don't see the relevance or need. I'm only interested in the comments not what other minions are looking at......unless its the release of a new pattern!
By matspud
Wouldn't use it and don't reallly like the sound if it. Kinda creepy :? .I can "chat" with most of my pumpkin pals on fb .
Last edited by matspud on Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
As I think about this feature some more, I'm not sure how useful, used or liked it would be. If you're wondering what and where a user is posting, you could just wait a moment, you'll probably see their post turn up. Unless GUS is working on epic a post, then come back and look for in in a few hours. ;)

As for PMs, I can't speak for anyone else, but if you PM me while I'm on the forums and you're wondering if I'm reading/replying to it... well, if I'm online and you PM me, I'll usually read it almost immediately. And if it's urgent, I'll try to reply immediately too.

Although, if it's really urgent, your best bet is to contact me through the main contact page, since those go to my email (and phone) and can more easily be read and responded to from anywhere.
By staticfurball
I wouldnt realy be into knowing where a user is but maybe just knowing if they are in the particular forum thread Im in,so as to now if they are still there. But like I said, I wouldnt want to know where they are or waht they are doing in they are out of a topic.
By CorpseBride
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I have access to that information (in the admin area) but it's not currently a public feature. Would anyone want that? Would everyone be comfortable with being able to be stalked?
We are already stalked by Gus the Hacker :lol:
By amandap80
Sounds like an awful lot of code for an unneeded feature. I know how that works!!! :roll:
By monstermash
I'm not really bothered where or what people are doing at any specific time. It just sounds like a lot of work.
By Dadja
CorpseBride wrote:We are already stalked by Gus the Hacker :lol:
Yesterday I came home and my window was opened. I didn't remember opening it, so kinda freaked out.

I spent the next hour checking if GUS wasn't hiding somewhere in my apartment... Frightening moments...
By matspud
CorpseBride wrote:We are already stalked by Gus the Hacker :lol:
I actually had a nightmare that GUS had "found" me and managed to get my computer camera to switch on remotely so everyone could see me and I didn't know. It scared me poopless :?
By monstermash
Im sure I could hear someone whispering, "Jimmy Saville, Jimmy Saville, Jimmy Saville!" when I was slepping last night. I think Gus was hiding under my bed.
By GUS
It all smacks of witchery to me!
..either that or the lawnmowerman.

(no not forrest gump)