Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By sbean26
Love the new mascot and the new site. I did notice one small thing. The Johnny Cash pumpkin preview still has the "Invasion" 2011 on it. You have changed all of the others. I think this one just squeaked by. I know it is a nitpick, but I know you are one for consistency.
By Hottie McNaughty
Looks great! I'm on vaca in Nola but had to check in......the colors are fabulous!
By sbean26
Wow! That was fast. Either you changed it already or I'm crazy. Maybe both.
By Dredge
Yea, its the cookies in your browser. Any weirdness can be fixed by a refresh
By Tkaraoke
Just took the $50 tour of the site and things look awesome as always! The new logo is just phenomenal and this really gets me stoked (once again) for the new year. Thanks for all your hard work, Ryan! Yet another stellar job.
By Ajax
Thank you :shock:! I can't speak I am in awww.
By CorpseBride
Stupendous Sir Wickstrand! It is great! The mascot is so cute I could just eat him up...but the fear of him haunting me for life kind of puts a bad taste in my mouth :P

"Even when you can't see them,
There's reason to fear it.
That chill down your spine,
proves they're still here in SPIRIT."

Love the new verse too!

I think my favorite thing about the new site is the Patterns page where it states level of difficulty and related kins. I send lots of people to the site who are nearly pumpkin virgins, so that will be a very useful tool for them! Great idea.
By matspud
Blooming heck Ryan. This has been some launch. :D Have you seen the number of pattern request /bumps that appeared in the last 24 hours! Looks to be a few newbies as well ( or maybe just lurkers who have finally decided to join in :D )

Seems like poeple like the idea of mascot plush too ( hint hint) :roll: :roll: :roll:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Dadja wrote:Ryan, am I right in thinking that during the last few days you decided to increase the red in the design?
Hmm. I don't think so. I've been working on the scheme of blue/aqua with red accents for a while now. That was always the plan. Why do you ask?

If you're suggesting that the work was sometimes stressful, making me see red, then maybe that is true. If you are saying that I put blood, sweat and tears into it, that is also a fact.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Dadja, ah you're right... the teaser logo did look more orange. That was an early version. But I knew I wanted it to be more red, and made it so.

Interestingly... when you see colorful Halloween merchandise, the colors are usually orange, purple and green. Somehow I ended up with a website design featuring the opposite colors, blue and red. I'm a rebel like that. Heh. It's fun to try something different. And I really like how the red buttons pop off the background color.

Some of the other teaser images I posted were purposefully not their final colors. Sometimes I'll draw in Illustrator with any random color that shows up well, and when the shapes are right, then I pick final color.

As for that obviously orange/black "Beware" image... that's for an upcoming sticker.
By Beast75
Fantastic design. Ive been away for a few weeks and just this minute looked. :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Dadja wrote:Ryan, if you do a search for 2011 pattern 'jack the knife' doesn't show up. Maybe it's just because he's a freebie, still thought I'd let you know.
Good catch. Yeah, it's because he's a freebie, and not part of the main database. But maybe I can change the search results to show him anyway.
By staticfurball
Oh man I just noticed that when I pass over tha mascot he changes!!! lol Awesome!! I love the little details :D