Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By nosferatu
The Freaky Forum lived up to its name and metamorphized in front of my eyes
By wookie66
I love, it well worth the wait, cant wait to get home from work and check everything out. I love the new pattern, great job Ryan.
By Dadja
Nice touch:
TERROR 404!

Like a ghost, that page seems to have just disappeared.

Click any of the menu link on the left to continue your travels.

A likely destination might be the pumpkin carving patterns.

Need help or want to report a problem? Contact me!
:lol:
By GUS
No, i'm here, just having a hard time getting the new site from the forum link.

Layout excels, Love the new mascot, could we have the vines appear on Invasion as he's not complete without (imho).

Like the lighting & script set of the new title,as the wee "sperms"

Icons within the "full list" just too small I think for folk unfamiliar with the patterns, any possibility of a tweak there? ..this is of course remembering that we are all overly familiar with the patterns from the outset, so size doesn't matter to us, however it is probably a hinderance to those who don't haunt the place.

The pic of the forthcoming instructions may be a bit overwhelming, perhaps a bit of typeset stating Ryans own obsessive collection, not all required, & a sub photo recommedning the ZP set + a proper explanatory paragraph of the benefits, not to mention longevity! ..."a set for life" ..they certainly are, a line stating that feedback received means you can expect blades to be used for more pumpkins than the average person would carve before considering refreshing the blades.

(I for one couldn't imagine izzy's 1st few kins would have been 1/2 as succesful without proper zp set allowing for intricate manouveres whilst in the hands of both parent & child).
Ryan, how about a few testimonials?

Superb new stylized freebie Jack pattern, simple & interesting.

I love the new Owl t-shirt, but overall the sparse nature of the shocking shop has left me feeling i've been punched in the guts! ..sorry!
By Dadja
GUS wrote:Icons within the "full list" just too small I think for folk unfamiliar with the patterns, any possibility of a tweak there? ..this is of course remembering that we are all overly familiar with the patterns from the outset, so size doesn't matter to us, however it is probably a hinderance to those who don't haunt the place.
I don't think they are smaller than any other year. Remember this is like a 'content' page. You could have this list even without the thumbnail. Plus if you click it you get a wonderful print page with a larger picture + related patterns. Most people, I think, will browse using the categories anyway.
GUS wrote:photo recommedning the ZP set + a proper explanatory paragraph of the benefits, not to mention longevity! ..."a set for life"
Ryan, how about a few testimonials?
Agreed
GUS wrote:Superb new stylized freebie Jack pattern, simple & interesting.
Agreed
GUS wrote:I love the new Owl t-shirt, but overall the sparse nature of the shocking shop has left me feeling i've been punched in the guts! ..sorry!
I would like some extra items such as a new mouse pad :)
By pagemaster1993
Wooooooooooooohooooooooooooo! Finally and already browsed most of it that was available.
By nosferatu
On the patterns page, once a design has been chosen for printing, I like the fact that there is a "difficulty" rating and also shows if there are other related patterns. i.e. Jason.

In terms of the shop, for me the most important items are obviously the t shirts and pro- carving tools. Anything else is a non essential. Saral paper is a sad loss but can be purchased elsewhere. I can live with the loss of peripheral items particularly when the site is relaunched on a yearly basis and with fabulous new patterns.
By pagemaster1993
Yes, I like that it also works with the V.I.P. patterns too. I also like that Edgar Allen Poe and Vincent Price were moved to the everybody site.
By cyberdman
Another awesome update. Great work Ryan. Love it!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Well, thank you for the kind words everyone. Today is an exciting and hectic day. So much to be done as things transition officially into the new 2011 Halloween season.

I value your feedback at this time (good or bad) because it helps me put the final polish on things, to make the experience the best it can be. Especially for the rush of people that will be coming in October.

To reply to some of your comments...
matspud wrote:The new mascot os so darned adorable. I want him as a cudlly toy!
Isn't he? A bit less fierce than the Invasion mascot, wouldn't you say? Somewhat squash shaped, with his narrow head and tapering stem. I guess I was partly inspired by ghosts like the one in the Ghostbusters logo.

Dadja wrote:My favourite t-shirt has always been Revenge because of the glow in the dark and that's back as well. If ever there was a custom made ZP-site for me. This one is it :)
Glad you like that. There hasn't been much vocal demand for the glow ink, but it seemed too perfect for the little ghosts. Personally, I'm excited to try this new shirt color. It's like a dark aqua with a "heather" pattern of darker specks.

nosferatu wrote:The Freaky Forum lived up to its name and metamorphized in front of my eyes
Yep, I think all the images and colors should be in place for the forum too. If anything looks weird, refresh your browser. A reload should kick all the new code and images into place.

Dadja wrote:Nice touch:
TERROR 404!

Like a ghost, that page seems to have just disappeared...
:lol:
:wink: Dadja, did you find that 404 page by looking for it? Or did you hit a bad link? If you notice any broken pages or images, do let me know.

GUS wrote:Icons within the "full list" just too small I think for folk unfamiliar with the patterns, any possibility of a tweak there?
Any larger, and I fear the pumpkin icons might make an already bulky page load even slower. I guess I don't really expect the tiny icons to be used as a visual method of browsing. Any link can be easily clicked to see a larger version. As Dadja said, I expect most users would browse by the category pages. The long list is just there as one extra convenience for those who might want it.

GUS wrote:The pic of the forthcoming instructions may be a bit overwhelming, perhaps a bit of typeset stating Ryans own obsessive collection, not all required
Haha, quite true. I just thought that was a cool photo. But it could be intimidating. Hopefully that image won't be there for too long. Finishing up a new instructional page will be next on the list. Oh, and testimonials on the tools... good idea.

GUS wrote:I love the new Owl t-shirt, but overall the sparse nature of the shocking shop has left me feeling i've been punched in the guts! ..sorry!
Sorry GUS. :( Thanks for the good feedback though, I appreciate your critical eye.

nosferatu wrote:On the patterns page, once a design has been chosen for printing, I like the fact that there is a "difficulty" rating and also shows if there are other related patterns. i.e. Jason.
The fact that each pattern gets it's own page (which you can link directly too) is one of the more significant upgrades to the inner workings of this machine. Being a new feature, the description and related patterns have yet to be assigned for many of the patterns. But they will be filled in over time. The difficulty, category and year should be present for all.

pagemaster1993 wrote:I also like that Edgar Allen Poe and Vincent Price were moved to the everybody site.
Those two guys proved to be quite popular last year (and were two of my favorites) so I just had to let them have a second life as part of the official 2011 public collection. But the other 8 VIPs from last year have been retired (maybe for good) so I hope you printed them!

The Poe and Price patterns made for a good excuse to add the new "Grave Icons" category. If you have other suggestions for this section (classic actors, authors, directors and icons of the spooky industry) please share them in the Pumpkin Pattern Requests area.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Glad to know I can turn to you, Dadja, if I ever lose my site and backups in some catastrophe... you seem to have everything. :P
By sodajazz
Nice new site I do have a new avatar but it won't let me update it, i'll wait till later :D

Done :D
Last edited by sodajazz on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SaneInsideInsanity
Love it Ryan. Especially the colors and the derpy mascot this woke meuo quick and I squealed. I must get ready for work but will be on more later to explore your brillance