Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By snow2alike
GUS wrote:
matspud wrote:How can anyone forget to come back here :?
They met me! :shock: :lol:

....& Nos
I consider myself fortunate to have met both of you. As a matter of fact Gus you helped me win a trivia challenge. The question was who signed his name as "Guido" on...... ----- I knew it ---- it was Guy Falkes!!!
(he certainly deserves a ZP pattern)
By GUS
Absolutely, well spotted Snow2.... as it was a "catlick" conspiracy ...oh how history has been wretchedly flung between the 2 religions (& europe) ..those darn Spaniards! :lol:

I love history & all my little innaccuracies.

I'm off to show Izzy the death mask of our local hero / despot & hopefully some USAF personnel soon, you don't often get face to face (sic) with people who have been responsible for regicide (king / queen killers)..except for readers of Terry Pratchett (bless you sir)

P.S. Gus's 48 hr walking tours / potted history of old London town are still available upon request, taking in as many taverns as money & bladders allow! :lol:

A little "compote" of Guido for you, with some nice highlighted links...

http://www.britannia.com/history/kaboom.html

& most unlike myself a little history & tie ins with the popular Queen Katherine of Aragon ,the photo's of the Palace / Towers , churchyard & hotel are all places a young shorts clad Gus spent his childhood playing daily, the location is not exactly cited in history (ie it didn't happen in London) however the revolt by the labourers of my village counted for a lot against an army of the king.
Ties in to some degree (as Henry's actions some 80 yr's? earlier towards his 1st wife led to the Gunpowder Plot) ...the 1st queen of Henry 8th was incredibly popular.

http://www.buckden-village.co.uk/history/index.htm

I spent so much of my youth amongst the mounds of old earthwork defences of long gone castles, digging around nearby roman villas, & digging for fossils, I guess some of it stuck along the way.
A couple of nice pics of where C/Katherine of aragon was holed up! & one of my local hotel..
So what's ingrained in history where other folks were born / live?