Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Congrats to Cheef for being awake during the most low traffic time of the website. Can't slip anything by ya. Thanks for the compliments. And welcome to the new 2010 site, my minions.

As always, a living organism, with many pages in progress or poised for some changes. But what is there should work, so have at it. If you have any suggestions, complaints, compliments, or notice anything that is "broken" please do let me know.
By GUS
It's alive!
By Tkaraoke
Whooooooot!!!! Just thought I'd let out a whoot for whoot's sake! My computer is in the shop so I knew the site would launch before I got it back! Lol I can hardly wait to see it on my computer screen and not my iPhone!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Horrible... you flatter me.

As for theme, I wanted to go with a sort of sci-fi alien concept. But Zombie Pumpkins come from a pumpkin patch, not literally outer space. So I didn't want to use anything too outside the realm of the pumpkin patch. In other words, no actual ray guns and flying saucers.

But hopefully the feeling is still there. The mascot with the big spotty alien-like brain, with pulsing veins. Split stem like antennae. Mutant invader tentacles made of vines. And radioactive acid drool. And for fonts and menu elements, lots of sharp electric shocks.

From a usability standpoint, I hope the site is easier to navigate. The previously always-present login box has been replaced by a narrow bar at the top with user related functions. Click the "Member Login" to reveal a small form panel for signing in.

Most of the pages have (or will have) a sub menu of text links on the right. So you'll no longer have to return to a section's main page to get to it's other subpages. With the Patterns area for example... quick links to all the categories stay visible on the right.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Dadja
They're here to abduct you.
It's an outright INVASION.
You'll get choked with thick vines,
as a form of persuasion.

Some nice rhyming going on as well ;)

Extra menu's are a great idea! I love the purple and it's clear a lot of thought went into the mascot!
By Tkaraoke
That picture of Dr. Pumpkinstine is made of 100% *WIN*
By Tkaraoke
Darn it! Now I can't go to sleep! There are going to because lot of happy people this morning!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Tkaraoke wrote:Darn it! Now I can't go to sleep! There are going to because lot of happy people this morning!
Happy belated birthday, Tkaraoke. Sorry it's late. :)
By Tkaraoke
zombiepumpkins wrote:
Tkaraoke wrote:Darn it! Now I can't go to sleep! There are going to because lot of happy people this morning!
Happy belated birthday, Tkaraoke. Sorry it's late. :)
This is the best present anybody could ask for! I'm sorry that your injury kept you from launching the site when you wanted to.

Btw: the front page is loading fine but when go into the forum it shows the old "Dawn" logo and color scheme. Normally I could clear my cache but I'm using my iPhone to access the site . If there is a way to do that in Safari I don't know how to do it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for pointing it out, Tkaraoke. I haven't gotten around to replacing the graphics for the Forum or Blog yet, so don't try too hard to clear your cache. :wink: But I'm working on it.

The day a new site launches is exciting and scary. There are many things that need to be tweaked and tested (much of which can only be done once the site is live and public).

It's like sending a child off to his first day of school. I hope he makes me proud and doesn't get beat up by bullies.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.