Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By SuperSonic
Blackberry/Iphone/and any other phones App:

Basic features:
The ability to post/post pics in the forums
The ability to see the new patterns as they are zombified
Send PM's
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I was thinking that an app should have an option to be updated on the latest patterns. But I hadn't thought of giving people the option to upload pumpkin photos right off their phone to the site. Nice idea, Sonic.
By SuperSonic
Thanks I'd thought it was a good idea from the get go :)
By CorpseBride
Okay, so I am an iPhone geek. How splendid would a Zombie Pumpkin app be?!?! I know you want one too :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for bringing this back up, CorpseBride. And what would YOU like the app to do?
By zombombie
Actually, that's not a bad idea Nightwatchman - what about some kind of zombie mini game? Bash the different mascots as the pop up, kind of like wahck-a-mole? I think that kind of thing could be a fun addition and it adds to the app.
By CorpseBride
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Thanks for bringing this back up, CorpseBride. And what would YOU like the app to do?
I would love to have 'push notifications' sent to my phone about new patterns, blogs, etc. Maybe some sort of live chat for ZP users? I also really like the idea of a carving sim. That would be fun!

Is there an app that can optimize the forum for iPhone use? I keep forgetting to search for one when I think of it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ooh, I like that idea of push notifications when new patterns are released. Yet another way to announce each one's arrival.

As for an app that makes forum browsing easy - This forum is powered by phpBB (as are many others) and so there are apps designed to browse this type of content, in a mobile-friendly view. And I've tried a few, but all were pretty clunky or broken entirely. I'll have to search again soon and see if any new ones have cropped up.
By CorpseBride
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Ooh, I like that idea of push notifications when new patterns are released. Yet another way to announce each one's arrival.

As for an app that makes forum browsing easy - This forum is powered by phpBB (as are many others) and so there are apps designed to browse this type of content, in a mobile-friendly view. And I've tried a few, but all were pretty clunky or broken entirely. I'll have to search again soon and see if any new ones have cropped up.
Be sure to let me know if you find one :)
By reas0n
Hi, I'm one of those seasonal members and rarely post. However, I'm an avid iPhone user (iPhone 4) and extreme app addict. I'm 99% sure if there was an app I'd be here a lot more often. That being said I was reading through here and saw some really great ideas! heres some of my favorites and a few of my own.

- Countdown Timer
- Easy Pattern viewing/searching (printing with AirPrint? or "favorite" it for easy printing when you get home)
- Finished Pumpkin Preview (change color of "candle" light, pumpkin shape/size, etc.)
- Tips & (video) Tutorials
- Easy Blog Access
- Easy Forum Access (posting, PM's, picture uploads, etc.)
- Mobile Gallery (either direct uploads to the gallery to the ZP.com gallery or just for mobile users)
- Live Chat
- Mobile Store :?: (i know thats not easy)
- Interactive Comic (to go along with the theme song)
- Push Notifications of new patterns or whatever you would need notifications for (new items in the store? BAM notification!)
- An app within an app where you can put "costumes" on your friends pictures (witches hats, silly glasses, etc.) or some kind of game, the wack-a-mole idea is classic, or maybe something more pumpkin carving/halloween related.
- Carving Simulator could be awesome depending on how it was implemented.
And of course it would need an awesome UI...

I really hope this gets done, cause to be honest I'm quite lazy and it would be so much easier for me to become a more productive member of this awesome community! Mainly just wanted to bump this post and get a more centralized list together :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hey reas0n, I like the list you've compiled there. At least a few of those would be musts, in my opinion. I'm saving your suggestions and adding them to the file. The big file I have marked "Top Secret Plans (muhahaha)"