Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hey reas0n, I like the list you've compiled there. At least a few of those would be musts, in my opinion. I'm saving your suggestions and adding them to the file. The big file I have marked "Top Secret Plans (muhahaha)"

Side note... as an iPhone 4 junkie, are you interested in the iPhone 4S?
By reas0n
Absolutely interested... left work early today to catch the keynote lol Can't wait to put my pre-order in on friday! How about you?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
As far as the new iPhone goes, I'm likely in. Improved speed and better camera can certainly benefit me. But I'm mostly excited for the new software. And that Siri should be pretty great if it works like they demoed. Imagine how many more patterns I can make, if I can schedule appointments and send text messages without even having to touch my phone. :wink:
By reas0n
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:And that Siri should be pretty great if it works like they demoed. Imagine how many more patterns I can make, if I can schedule appointments and send text messages without even having to touch my phone. :wink:
My favorite feature. I was hoping to get a bigger screen but stuff happens. I'm certainly happy enough with the improvements they did make to upgrade. I'm thinking the 4S came into play only because they had the parts, and it gives them more time to get the iPhone 5's supply up for all 3 major U.S. carriers plus international shipments... Just a theory. A little more on topic, I have a developer account for the iphone dev program... I'm not a developer but maybe I can be of some use.
By GUS
Would never have an apple phone again, bad & bullying business practices, making employees in their chinese factories sign no suicide contracts, apples, harassment in general of employees & competitors, the glib vacuous zombified shop[ openings are akin to a cult... positively scarey!

not to mention I can never get internet access, or dial in or dial out.
pretty damn useless & expensive.

Battery life, hah!

my old touchscreen Ipaq, nearly 10yrs old. does all that with aplomb.
first & foremost it should be a working phone for signal both ways, the apple sacrificed style over original use, massive fail except for marketing, i'll step away from that train.

i'm ashamed to go outdoors with one (to try & pick up that non existant reception)

Haven't folk caught on yet?
I'm due for an upgrade including a free new apple phone... NO WAY!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
So Gus, that's a vote of note for the mobile app idea then? :wink:

Among the ideas suggest so far, the primary feature to have first would be a way to preview new patterns as they come out, and maybe even print them from the phone. With the ravenous messages I get asking when the next pattern is coming... how neat it would be to have the ability to send a notification right to their phone. :)
By GUS
I'd prefer poop in a bag than another i[hone, there are many good far easier to use smart phones out there.
By reas0n
GUS wrote:I'd prefer poop in a bag than another i[hone, there are many good far easier to use smart phones out there.
personally I've never had a problem with calls, then again I don't actually use the phone all that often. Big fan of texting, phone calls annoy me. But the few calls i make a day are perfect, never had a "dropped call" unless it was the other person (who usually calls back and says so). maybe it's cause i live so close to major metropolitan areas but my reception has always been good no matter where I go. Aside from my moms house in south carolina, but nobody gets good reception there she has a microcell hooked up for that tho. And the phone is great. I've had 3 iPhones (1st gen, 3G, & 4G) and out of all 3 I've been back to apple 2 times with issues and they were both completely my fault. Once I smashed the screen of my 1st generation iPhone, during an argument with my girlfriend while driving and they replaced it for free. The second time I was walking in the rain for about 3 hours while texting (again arguing with the ex) on my 3G, and the screen stopped responding when i got home...they replaced that one for free as well... So yeah I have absolutely nothing to complain about. but to each their own...Battery life isn't an issue for me either... and believe when I say my phone get HEAVY usage.

You say "easier to use" just because something isn't "easy" for YOU doesn't mean it isn't good...
By GUS
..no, genuinely easier to use, as in more intuitive & therefore more direct.
however, IF i had decent reception I may have had the chance to do more stuff on the bloody thing! ..which takes us full circle to reception.

(it has a signal booster too)
By reas0n
GUS wrote:..no, genuinely easier to use, as in more intuitive & therefore more direct.
however, IF i had decent reception I may have had the chance to do more stuff on the bloody thing! ..which takes us full circle to reception.

(it has a signal booster too)
I guess I just don't understand what you're trying to say. I can't see how this phone isn't easy to use. I hand my 5 year old cousin my phone she's able to find the folder labeled "Games" and launch "Angry Birds" without asking me for help. I need directions type in the adress I'm there. Need to use the phone hit the phone button... that's pretty direct. And again I have no issues with reception... Maybe instead of complaining about the phone thats an issue you need to take up with your carrier?
By GUS
If you can't get service to use an online map you're stuffed.... obviously this then interferes with the process of an address, map & directions coming up, dropping signal etc etc, basically.

of course I can tap an icon & play a game, as could my then 5yr old :roll:
the apple is a poor, overpriced product over here, if it cannot function properly first & foremost as a phone then it is not really fit for it's intended purpose the clue is in the title "i-phone" ..not being condescending , my experience & why I stupidly have to carry several phones

wifes phone is a windows mozart? as I recall that flies in terms of speed, signal & applications, however the whole apple experience means I will now just revert to old style reliable phones ..& my ipaq with it's old fashioned aerial.

But also from a human aspect the factory treatment of it's workers is pretty ***** so had I known all the pressure they were placing the employees under from the outset would have been enough to stop our purchase of the product.
I don't like unethical companies, what if it were my family?
voting with my feet, however I won't simply chuck it aside whilst it still has some basic use, that would be stupid.

morally the apple corporation could be alot better.

lastly only a complete dumb-ass would wind an aerial around an area where it was going to to pull the signal down rather than stabilise or enhance it's reception ..design fail in comms

i't's been used with numerous network providers & remains the same, maybe customer service is better where you are.
By reas0n
Maybe everything is just better over here... not being condescending....

I'm just going to say you got stuck with a lemon... and I'm going to stop commenting on this subject cause we're way off topic and really we're just going to keep saying the same stuff "i have great service yada yada yada"/"my bloody calls keep dropping yada yada yada"... And if I really cared about Tech companies moral practices I'd have to live without anything...why do you think it's all made over in China/Japan/Korea/Indonesia? ...Cheers.
By GUS
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:So Gus, that's a vote of note for the mobile app idea then? :wink:

Among the ideas suggest so far, the primary feature to have first would be a way to preview new patterns as they come out, and maybe even print them from the phone. With the ravenous messages I get asking when the next pattern is coming... how neat it would be to have the ability to send a notification right to their phone. :)
No Ryan ,just that i'd not get the frickin reception to load up a mobile site in the first instance.
as for apps for everything, how about folks just sign up to your twitter account!? ..& stick a tweetdeck or similar on? ..there you go .."notified"
it'd likely be the straw that broke the camels back, updating 2 lots of software, ..or not look at how long it took you to get certain site elements sorted after last seasons re-launch!? ..in some instances you didn't ..could you cope with the load?, would it be all to consuming?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
GUS wrote:it'd likely be the straw that broke the camels back, updating 2 lots of software, ..or not look at how long it took you to get certain site elements sorted after last seasons re-launch!? ..in some instances you didn't ..could you cope with the load?, would it be all to consuming?
Thanks for the vote of confidence. :lol: :roll: It would be no problem to get it all sorted. To quote Ghostbusters... we have the tools, we have the talent. It's Miller time.
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
GUS wrote:it'd likely be the straw that broke the camels back, updating 2 lots of software, ..or not look at how long it took you to get certain site elements sorted after last seasons re-launch!? ..in some instances you didn't ..could you cope with the load?, would it be all to consuming?
Thanks for the vote of confidence. :lol: :roll: It would be no problem to get it all sorted. To quote Ghostbusters... we have the tools, we have the talent. It's Miller time.
Ditto.....even though I'll take a shot of The Black Jack :P