Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By Sam_hain
I think this board would be even greater if we had a real time chat option like other forums have. Especially around aug-oct when traffic is a lot higher...this way people can interact quicker as opposed to making a thread and hitting refresh,,, just an idea
By Ajax
sounds like a pretty cool idea.
By jen d.
This topic didn't seem to generate much interest in the summer of 2010... I wonder, how about now? :) The closer it gets to October, the antsier I get about Halloween chatter... !
By SuperSonic
Count me in! :)
By chuckwagon
ZP! chat room?!?!? This sounds LEGEN...wait for it...and I hope you're not lactose intolerant, because the next part is......DAIRY!!!!!
By SuperSonic
chuckwagon wrote:ZP! chat room?!?!? This sounds LEGEN...wait for it...and I hope you're not lactose intolerant, because the next part is......DAIRY!!!!!
You forgot to butter me up with that comment :lol:
By Chewy
Hottie McNaughty wrote:I never have time for chat rooms on forums I like.
Hmm... does this mean you only have time for the ones you dont like?

LOL

I think it would be fun to be able to chat with a few fellow minions too!
By amandap80
I actually enjoy chat rooms from time-to-time. There are a few on some Reddit subs that are useful. Mostly I just on there after 3 glasses of wine and embarrass myself. You guys may not need to see that. :roll:
By The Vlad Hatter
Not to be the killer of good things and I don't know what type of server he uses, but live chats are absolute resource hogs and just don't work well on most hosting plans.

That said, maybe not have it all the time, just plan a day or two in the week before Halloween and do like live pattern reveals. Really play it up.
By austinbest
The Vlad Hatter wrote:Not to be the killer of good things and I don't know what type of server he uses, but live chats are absolute resource hogs and just don't work well on most hosting plans.

That said, maybe not have it all the time, just plan a day or two in the week before Halloween and do like live pattern reveals. Really play it up.
One could easily be made with AJAX and be no more resource intensive than the typical forum, more than likely less actually. Less data transfer. :-)

All depends on the coding and polling...