Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By paddy_babe
lol cool I'll do that then :D I will check if its illegal or not though (as I dont want ZP or myself getting fined or something... getting silly over here to be honest......)
By SaneInsideInsanity
just dont let them know it was you...they cant hold zp responsible for your actions....or can they
By paddy_babe
thats what I worried about, I'll ask my friend, he is in the police. (will post the answer so other ukers know if you want)
By nosferatu
If you ask the manager of any supermarket they are normally very receptive to a few leaflets as they help sell the pumpkins. People look at the flyers and realize what is capable with a pumpkin rather than the Pythagerous Method. i.e. triangles. They don't however like stickers applied to pumpkins.

If you are planning on some sort of urban guerilla marketing campaign, just be sensible and apply a bit of caution. The local councils are full of jobsworths so you need to pick your spots carefully. Those in the UK will know that most urban centres are full of cctv, if they pick you up putting patterns on walls or pavements the police are likely to arrive as they won't know its just chalk, they'll think its paint. Fly posting by the way, is illegal and if caught they will prosecute you. Even putting stickers on lamposts is considered as such.

Apart from the display of pumpkins at Halloween, the best advertising tool at the moment are the leaflets. Last year, I put them in libraries, craft centres, community notice boards etc. This year I have the added bonus of being able to stand outside school and hand them out nearer Halloween - large catchment area of potential customers
By paddy_babe
thanks nos,
yeah I was thinking of chalking patterns but think I will stick to the conventional way.

It would be funny (and legal I think) to facepaint a pumpkin and hand out leaflets in town. That would stick in people's heads. It would have to be closer to halloween.
By CombichristGirl
so ryan lol... about that....im gonna have to get all the mascots from u so i can add those to my leg this year lol :). i have very smooth like pastel chalks i may have to do some zp stuff on sidewalks and stuff closer to the day of woot. omg! instead of signs i could get friends to watch traffic for me and just draw zps with arrows going to the circle on the road itself holy heck im so on that i swear! lol
By SaneInsideInsanity
flyering is against the law out there? weird i feel bad for you guys now
By nosferatu
Handing flyers out isn't, sticking them up is.
By SaneInsideInsanity
Wow i would have been soo in jail...between zp events and bar nights.... :? thankfully it's not illegal here
By CombichristGirl
yeah ryan how do i so that just send u a pic or should i include name and yadda yadda? :D
By blueikaos
I'm thinking of hosting a pumpkin carving party!

ZP stencils will be available to use and I'll make up fliers or cards with the site info on it.

Is that ok to do?
By paddy_babe
that sounds like a good idea :D I think if you read the T&C's it says that if you are using the patterns for charity or a private pumpkin carving party then thats also ok... have a quick read of them, should be on the main site :)
By punchi
I believe my minion project will be to turn my poodle into a zombie pumpkin. Last year he was the Joker. Every year there is a Halloween parade and festival so I will zombiefy him and hand out flyers. Here's a link to the festival photos. He's on the third page, can't miss him, my little Zero as the Joker. :D

http://www.l5phalloween.com/photos.htm
By paddy_babe
awww he's so cute! how did you colour him? thats a great idea, you should email ryan the pic and info and he might put it on the minion page :D