Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By nosferatu
Quote:

In addition to pumpkin carving, patterns may be used for personal, non-commercial art/craft projects. Members may share pattern printouts among those in their household or guests at a pumpkin carving party. Teachers may use pattern printouts as part of a classroom lesson. Projects that help charity are also encouraged.
By nosferatu
I make a lot of things (for myself) using the patterns. I am currently using the Pretty Poison design to make party bags for my daughter's birthday (the week before Halloween) - they will double as Trick or Treat bags. That is for the girls, for the boys, haven't decided.

Obviously post pics of anything you do and they end up on the gallery. So long as your not using Ryan's designs for your own personal profit I think he's happy. I too am having a carving party. I wouldn't even consider using anyone else's patterns. Hopefully a few people will be so amazed at the results that they will want to become part of our happy pumpkin community
By blueikaos
I can totally understand Ryan's thinking when it comes to someone else making money off his creations.
I'm all about giving credit where credit is due and would never think about stealing someone elses things.
(Hence why I asked if it was ok)

I will be sure to post pictures!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I am all for you using the patterns and often and as creatively as you can. What's why I make them. Spreading the word, getting friends involved in carving, giving gifts, making cool crafts that can last longer than the carved pumpkins.... go for it!

As for profiting from the designs... let's say you printed one of the stencil designs on a shirt, and then you decided to sell that to a friend (for around the price of the shirt, just to cover your costs). That wouldn't be a big deal. You great Zombie Pumpkins patch minions know what's right and wrong, and I appreciate it.

I've also given the go-ahead to a few people that were raffling things off for charity, and things like that. Supporting a good cause is great, I do that in a big way each year. Just check out the Charity page if you haven't yet.

Those rules on the Member Agreement page are mainly in place for my protection when it comes to the no-so-nice people who wish to significantly abuse my patterns.

Those that try to make a big profit on my hard work, without giving me credit. You know what I mean... carved pumpkins selling on ebay for $100... tshirts mass produced and sold on a shirt store website... my entire pattern collection being auctioned off... people doing these things know they are wrong, and that's why they never mention where they got the patterns, and usually remove my logo from the patterns.
CombichristGirl wrote:yeah ryan how do i do that just send u a pic or should i include name and yadda yadda? :D
There's an email link at the bottom of the Minions page. Feel free to send anything (including attachments) that you think shows your loyal support of ZP. Specifically, I'm looking for stories with photos that prove you did something "big" that would get some attention for ZP. It's all about getting noticed, and getting more minions to join our ranks! So include your name, and photos, and any stories that explain your efforts.

If you're showing off some creative use of patterns or ZP artwork (that maybe wouldn't make the local news, but still look awesome) those would certainly be worthy of being added to the Beyond the Pumpkins gallery (which has been heavily contributed to by our own Nosferatu).

I can't wait to see what everyone comes with this year... your carvings, crafts, and creativity... I love it all. I'll be adding more galleries and minion stories as Halloween gets closer.
By punchi
Paddy, I used Manic Panic hair color for his body and a crayola marker for his lips. So I'm thinking this year I'll do a viney, spiraly pattern up his legs and then dye that green, and dye his body orange and use that spray on hair color to stencil on some zombie patterns in black.
By paddy_babe
thats v. cool, I wish I had a white dog now.... I suppose I could make a coat thingy and put it on the cat lmao... it could have the ZP website on it... either that or borrow my friends iguana :D (she also has a python but ughhhh I refuse to go to her house, that and the trantula keep me away!)
By SaneInsideInsanity
:D this post made me happy this morning....
maybe i should spraypaint my cat...