Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ah yes, Kyra Shon, the actress who played the cellar dwelling, trowel wielding, mother stabbing, father's arm eating, zombie girl Karen Cooper in the original 1968 Night of the Living Dead.

Credit for the photo goes to the folks at Kitbuilders Magazine, the organizers of the Monstrous Weekend convention which took place October 2008. This convention celebrated the 40th anniversary of Night of the Living Dead and many people involved with that film were present as special guests (such as George Romero and several members of the cast).

Kitbuilders Magazine asked me to contribute to the celebration, and that is partly the reason I designed the pattern of NotLD's poster ghoul, Karen Cooper. Pamphlets featuring the stencil were distributed at the event.

In return, I got some great photos of Kyra with her pumpkin. I didn't hear much about her specific reaction, but apparently she liked it enough to display it on her table and pose for pictures with it. :)
By nosferatu
I have just been checking out her website:

http://www.ghoulnextdoor.com/gnd.html

She sells some pretty good stuff - The Karen Cooper Ten Inch Image Trowel is pretty cool and I like reading her musings on NOTLD
By SaneInsideInsanity
Thats a great site, her FAQ is hilarious
By Zombie Pumpkins!
She's cool. Some actors seem inclined to ignore the work they did as a kid, especially horror movies, as if they're not something to be proud of. But Kyra embraces her living dead roots and really has fun with her place in zombie history. Selling trowels with her image... classic!
By Ajax
I think that is awesome that you are meeting some of the stars that you are designing your pumpkins after. It really adds to the appeal of the site.
By CombichristGirl
Ajax wrote:I think that is awesome that you are meeting some of the stars that you are designing your pumpkins after. It really adds to the appeal of the site.
i agree :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
:arrow: Three new photos added to the Famous Faces Gallery.

This first one is by Ian who carves and even paints custom pumpkins. He has met a lot of actors, usually showing them his own custom designs. But here he presents Zack Galligan (Billy from Gremlins) with the Zombie Pumpkin's Gizmo design.

Zack must have liked the Gizmo pumpkin, here he is taking a photo of it for a memento.

The next photos are ones that I took at the recent Connecticut HorrorFest convention. First, Tony Moran:

Tony Moran played the iconic Michael Myers during the climax of 1978's Halloween. While he didn't play the character for most of the movie (that was Nick Castle), Tony has the distinction of being unmasked by Jamie Lee Curtis during their final fight. In a way, he is the real face of Michael Myers.

I asked Tony if he's autographed a lot of pumpkins over the years. Unsurprisingly he has signed a handful. He was in the original Halloween after all. But I pointed out that he's never signed a pumpkin with this particular design. I had just designed and carved it the day before the event!

I actually got to meet the first Michael and the first Jason in the same day. Next up... Ari Lehman:

Well before Jason donned a hockey mask in the Friday the 13th series, Ari Lehman played the childhood version of Voorhees who is seen drowning in the waters of Crystal Lake. Back in 1980, his makeup for that movie was applied by the legendary Tom Savini.

Most people would make art of the more recognizable hockey masked killer, so Ari seemed honored that I actually made a pumpkin pattern of his young Jason. I gave him an extra copy of the photo print you see him holding. He was so thankful for all this, he actually asked me to put my autograph on his copy. A horror celeb asking for my autograph... that's a first! :lol: