Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By mesmark
Ryan - I thought there was a thread for this before that I could bump, but I didn't find it.

Anyway, I still believe larger monetary options for donations would still be good. I know we can donate twice or thrice but while the wallet's out and hot you might want to give us the chance to spoil you.

Maybe create an open $25+ option that doesn't lead to direct membership but requires you to activate our membership if exercised??? (I assume the free value option is a coding problem with someone possibly putting in a lower amount and still getting registered as an active member.)

We'd have to wait a bit for that, but for the guys who sign up off season (possibly the bigger contributors) we don't care if it takes a day or two to have our membership set up.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for the suggestion mesmark. I guess I'm too humble to think to ask for anything higher. But members do occasionally contact me to ask how they can donate more. A free value option would require some new coding, but I think it would be doable.

As time goes on and I notice trends in how the different price values are used, I make gradual changes to the setup. I'm already thinking about what sort of incentives to offer the higher paying members (more exclusive bonus patterns are on the way, of course). While adjusting the payment setup, maybe I'll add a $25+ too.
By mesmark
To be honest, I thought about signing up and then sending you an extra bit via the 'send money' function on PayPal. However, I can write off my subscription to ZP, but if I just send you $$, that might not be deemed as tax deductable. ???

Not that it would make much difference but a larger option/one payment option would help in that regard.

Also, you shouldn't underestimate how good ZP has been to some people. Maybe you make stencils for some exotic school in a far away land. Or maybe you help decorate a deli somewhere. You might even drive some British bloke (bloak?) insane enough pre-Halloween to give up before Halloween and then give in prior to Halloween and do it anyway :)

We all have different levels of what we think is appropriate ...

I just got a $50 donation and my site is 100% free ...
By The Captain
Also, you shouldn't underestimate how good ZP has been to some people. Maybe you make stencils for some exotic school in a far away land. Or maybe you help decorate a deli somewhere. You might even drive some British bloke (bloak?) insane enough pre-Halloween to give up before Halloween and then give in prior to Halloween and do it anyway :)
That's awesome! I knew all of those references :D
By nosferatu
Me too. I don't think GUS' sanity (or lack of it) is a new occurrence. I would guess he has been teetering on the brink for quite some time :lol: Last I heard he was terrorizing Canada

Maybe there could just be an open paypal donations slot. I derive a lot of enjoyment from the stencils and the forum and think $20 is unbelievable value for money.
By GUS
I'm back from Canada again having flayed my skin in the process!
(thankyou)...& yes it was worth it but stressful last year though I'm debating having this year off in order to concentrate on beating the downturn (we'll see) ..thhough i was thinking just today that I'd better start planning regardless, so I imagine subliminally that "it's on"

The dollar is still iffy as far as the £ is concerned but as soon as I see a bit of an improvement will be renewing my subs, I've been buying (again subliminally) a few sample camping stoves that I'm looking at selling, BUT thought it'd be great to have one of the larger units set up & burning inside a stencilled pumpkin & doing marshmallows (babies cheeks) / flesh chunks over it outside on the night... will have to test that one & keep the flammable kids away!
..or not! :twisted: