Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Even with perks like charity donations and exclusive bonus patterns, I'm impressed with people's generosity when they give $20. I'd feel greedy to ask for more.

But maybe there's non-pushy - but still convenient - way to offer the option. It would take a bit of reprogramming, but maybe eventually.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who even gives two bucks. You ghouls help keep this beast running!
By mesmark
Yeah, it's pretty shocking at first. I run a free site for teachers and I didn't think anyone would donate, after all it's a free site and that's why they're there. But after I put up a donatation button people just started donating. I get enough donations now to cover all of the expenses associated with the entire network of sites.

However, when you think about it. I tip a bartender $1 to pop the top off of my beer And we tip others all over the place for less service than Zombie Pumpkins provides.

ZP actually broke the seal for me and now I donate or sign up for subscriptions all over the place. Anyway, this site is awesome; the site, the stencils, the community, everything and I'm very happy to support that.
By Tkaraoke
mesmark wrote:this site is awesome; the site, the stencils, the community, everything and I'm very happy to support that.
This is exactly why I have had no problem with giving the maximum donation every year. There's just so much positivity on this board that it just makes me keep coming back for more. If it really came down to it, this would be the last site I would give up.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
mesmark wrote:ZP actually broke the seal for me and now I donate or sign up for subscriptions all over the place.
Thanks for the support, guys. Running this site can be a lot of work at times (i.e. August-October). I wear many hats (well, literally and figuratively) from packing merchandise, designing patterns, answering support emails, and even technical/programming stuff.

In this age of readily available digital information, a lot of people are used to getting whatever they want, whenever they want. I sometimes get emails from youngins that say, "I have to pay!? I only want the patterns, give them to me for free!" And I'll admit, in my younger days I took a lot of stuff for free too.

But doing this ZP gig for the past 6 years makes me realize the sort of effort that goes into any web venture, especially when it starts to really grow. So I appreciate the work of others too, and gladly pay when I join a subscription site, download some software, or buy some fonts. Especially when you know you're supporting the "little guy" and not some big corporation.

I appreciate the generosity of those that appreciate what I do, and try to give back whenever I can.
By GUS
Quotes Ryan
"In this age of readily available digital information, a lot of people are used to getting whatever they want, whenever they want. I sometimes get emails from youngins that say, "I have to pay!? I only want the patterns, give them to me for free!" And I'll admit, in my younger days I took a lot of stuff for free too."

Amazing how they'll bother to spend the time to write to ask for something for free, rather than spend less time paying a few bucks (of mum & dads) for the entire site!? ..go figure, it's flippant & a blatant disregard really! ..the same kids that want to get paid for school results, mowing the lawn, running an errand etc! :roll: :shock: