Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
For the past few years, I've donated a portion of the deluxe membership fees to charity. If you're not familiar with the history of this ZP tradition, check out this page.

It's time to choose a new charity for this season. I have some ideas, but I'd like to hear what you think. The final decision comes down to several factors. But in general I like to pick a charity that is well known, trusted, and perhaps timely with current events.

So if anyone has any suggestions, post a reply here. We won't be able to help all these organizations this year of course, but I'll certainly save your ideas for future charity events too. Thanks!
By sodajazz
I'd love to help out with this one, but I think its a hard one to answer.
There are that many worthy causes I can't begin to choose.

I chose the deluxe membership this year, so that is my contribution to you and a big thanks for all you do.

Whatever charity you decide on I'm sure it will be the right one. :D
By belli
Whatever you choose will be a good cause, there are so many out there. I've been thinking about contributing to the World Wildlife Fund. I saw an advertisement on TV the other day regarding the effects of global warming on the survival of the polar bear..."Increasing levels of carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases in the atmosphere from the burning of fossil fuels - oil, coal and gas - are causing global warming. As a result, annual sea ice in the Arctic is melting earlier in the spring and forming later in the autumn. Research funded by WWF has found that this leaves many polar bears with less time on the sea ice to hunt for food and build up their fat stores, and increased time on land where they must fast. As their icy habitat disappears, the survival of the polar bear is at risk."

Even if it is not the chosen charity, anyone who wants to help can adopt a Polar Bear.

By Mopar Man
Good idea Ryan... I wonder where all that deluxe membership money was going.. :lol:
By Tkaraoke
How can you not like the only animal on Earth that will hunt and kill a human for food! ROFLMAO!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for the ideas folks. Adam, that Charity Navigator looks like a really useful site for this sort of research. Thanks for the heads up!
By Kittie
http://www.cff.org/

My Youngest neice has "64 Roses"
What is cystic fibrosis?

Cystic fibrosis is a life-threatening disease that causes mucus to build up and clog some of the organs in the body, particularly in the lungs and pancreas. When mucus clogs the lungs, it can make breathing very difficult. The thick mucus also causes bacteria (or germs) to get stuck in the airways, which causes inflammation (or swelling) and infections that leads to lung damage.

Mucus also can block the digestive tract and pancreas. The mucus stops digestive enzymes from getting to the intestines. The body needs these enzymes to break down food, which provides important nutrients to help us grow and stay healthy. People with cystic fibrosis often need to replace these enzymes with capsules they take with their meals and snacks to help digest the food and get the proper nutrition.
My Niece is 5 years old and already she has to take so many medications. It's a very sad situation. I hope with all the advances, that she will live a full life.

But that is my suggestion for a charity.
By Kittie
Another one, but not as popular . My husband is affected by this. Luckly for him, his didn't come on til 3 years ago, so he never had to deal with it in his childhood years. But it is still hard on him at times.

National Alopecia Areata Foundation

http://www.naaf.org/
Alopecia areata (al-oh-PEE-shah air-ee-ah-tah) is a highly unpredictable, autoimmune skin disease resulting in the loss of hair on the scalp and elsewhere on the body. It usually starts with one or more small, round, smooth patches. ImageThis common but very challenging and capricious disease affects approximately 2% of the population overall, including more than 5 million people in the United States alone.
By 2manyferrets
Ryan thats really nice of you to donate some of your profits!!!

My suggestions are anything animal related or muscular dystrophy....
By Pumpkin Hunter
I am not sure what you have that is similar in the US, but in the UK we have a charity called Clic Sargent. It helps families with children who have cancer. It is one of the few charities that I feel passionate about. Since cancer effects so many people, either directly or indirectly, and Halloween is a child friendly holiday. My suggestion would be a similar US charity.