Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Mike Pallante of Dark Asylum Music wrote a nice blog entry about his favorite Halloween/Haunt sites, including Zombie Pumpkins. So I thought I'd give him a plug here. Check out samples of the music at DarkAsylumMusic.com. And here's what he had to say about ZP:
Zombie Pumpkins - My first Halloween love!

It's been a rare pleasure to watch Zombie Pumpkins evolve from a simple little website into the expansive, creative 'must have' bookmark for any serious lover of all things creepy!

Pumpkin Carving has always been an event I looked forward to like Christmas. Every October I'd wait quietly on weekends, and sometimes even on a very special weekday, hoping that THIS would be the day! That my dad would sigh, and I'd hear the jingle of his keys and with an apathetic breath he'd mutter, " Lets go."

All at once my sister and I would leap up and practicaly stumble our way into the backseat of the car and wait to see just where our pumpkins would come from. A pumpkin patch? The supermarket (boring)? Or a seasonal pumpkin stand? Would they let us get the biggest one?

Would I choose a long pumpkin? A fat one? A dark one? What will the seeds taste like this year?

Giddy and unashamedly grinning I'd bounce up and down the whole ride home, pumpkin in lap, and run into the house. After my dad carved open the tops the fun began... Squishing the pumpkin guts! I'd sit and play with that pulpy pumpkin brain for hours, squishing it between my fingers, throwing it at my sister, and just kneading it in a bowl. The whole evening was pumpkin oriented! My mother would bake the seeds as my sister and I carved out our little demon faces, sometimes with a pattern, sometimes with a carving kit, other times freeform with a steak knife like some mad butcher!

Then, as we sucked on salted seeds we ceremoniously would watch the candles be lit and placed into the hallowed out shell that once was a proud pumpkin! Rushing out into the scent of dead leaves and standing in the midst of our homemade graveyard we'd bask in the warm, orange flicker of those twisted faces peering sinister from the window and you just could feel it in your gut...

Halloween.

Zombie Pumpkins relit that spark in me. Their tips, tutorials, patterns and incredible guides make it easy for even the most amateur of sculptors to have that one proud moment where they look at that bouncing little light from outside their house on a chill October night and feel the simple satisfaction of: I made this.

Its a rare and wonderful gift.

Also, they were clever enough to bring the fun to summer with WATERMELON carving! Best part? Watermelon tastes SO much better than pumpkin brains (but isn't nearly as fun to squish!).
By Kittie
This is awesome! Very cool!
By keithk83
I know Mike, he comes into my work all the time. He and his friends make movies which really get a following around where we live. :D