Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By SuperSonic
I'm aware of the new changes that went down for VIP's for last year.

However. Are we changing them again? Along with new ones? (Seeing as one recently got added)

Or will we just be adding to them as the years progress?
The VIP Patterns will be a continually rotating collection of about 20 patterns. Every Halloween season I'll add at least a few new ones, and the oldest ones will rotate off the page and become part of the main collection. So signing up for a Monster VIP plan basically gets your access to these patterns a few years before the average member.

It no longer made practical sense to do 10 new VIP designs every year, because so much of my design output was going towards exclusives that only a small audience was actually getting. But with a rotating collection of 20 designs, a (first time) VIP member actually gets double the amount of exclusive patterns, while at the same time I can still share the majority of each season's new design output with the masses.

Also, the VIP patterns are no longer hidden (people got upset when they paid for something sight-unseen and didn't like the choices once revealed) and they're no longer retired (it would be a shame to put the hard work into a cool and popular design, and then have to take it away).

If you're unsure if the Monster VIP plan is worth it to you, I always suggest that you base your decision on what you currently see in the VIP Patterns section. I'd hate for someone to sign up for special patterns in advance, and ultimately not like the new ones that I released. So purchase the membership level you need for the current moment, and if something pops up in the VIPs that you really want, the "Upgrade" option is a button click away. I just recently I had a member tell me that they didn't need the VIP package, but then gladly upgraded when I released the Billy Butcherson pattern.

I know some of you loyal minions also join at the Monster VIP level every year, presumably to support my efforts and help the charity. And for that, I'm eternally grateful! :black_heart: :orange_heart: :black_heart:

I have a more VIPs in the works, I'll post them soon I hope. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I want to keep things transparent and react to your suggestions. That's what a public discussion forum is for!
By BrookR1
I wish there was a way to access patterns that have been retired. Perhaps through a VIP membership? As a relatively new member, a year or two ago I really wanted to carve the original sugar skull pattern. But it was replaced with the new one. But I understand that would require extra work and resources, so it's not a huge deal.
A good percentage of the retired VIP patterns have been added back into the website. The ones that are gone are locked in the vault for a couple reasons...
  • They were done in partnership with some other company, with limited rights for how long I can offer them. They're now offered on their website exclusively, or I've been asked to no longer distribute them. As much as I'd like to give everyone these archived patterns, I can't betray these business agreements.
  • Or they're a design that I'm no longer proud of, and don't want to represent my business. In particular, I'm thinking of old designs that maybe aren't too stable or easy to carve. My knowledge of pumpkin carving has improved over the years, and I don't want to frustrate new members with an old product that doesn't work well. In these cases, I usually try to replace the pattern with a new version.
sloaner, I totally respect the opinion and appreciate the support regardless. Thank you!

Do you have any preferences for how I could handle the VIP section, aside from doing the things I explained I can't do? I'm totally open to suggestion. :thumbsup:
By sloaner
I think I just don't like how many VIPs are available right now. It's great for newcomers but for someone who had VIP many years I just see alot of patterns I have already. Some of which I had to sign up for every year to get a full collection but now they are all available at once. This only affects some people and just for a short time as this is a transitional period for the VIPs. Everyone will be on equal footing in a few years I'm sure.

I also liked the 10 pattern max you used to do so we knew you were done with VIPs for the year. That way I could hold off carving everything until I knew you didn't have anymore last minute patterns. I'm not saying you have to do 10 VIPs but the grayed out pumpkin icons told us how many to expect.

But like I said it's not a huge deal, still love the site. Now get back to designing that Thanos pattern :grin: