Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
matspud wrote:I can't find the Ballad :( Would someone tell me where it is please ? :?
I'm in the same boat. Where is it?

Also. Just got the new forum today. Looks very smexy! :thumbsup:
Well, first of all, thank you for all the excited and glowing comments on the new site. Makes my day, my week, my Halloween season. I liked hearing about the little bits you discovered, from the moving mascot up top, to the peering eyes in the brick foundation.
Euri wrote:THIS is one of the things I Image the most about the site. You keep it personal, you keep it humble, you keep it fun.
Nice of you to say! As zombombie recently pointed out, I'm a perfectionist and Zombie Pumpkins is my baby. I sometimes take on too much during October, but it's hard for me to give up control. I like for all aspects of the site and service to have my personal touch. People seem to appreciate it when their customer service request is replied to quickly by the "owner." Or when I package your shirt order myself, and toss in some freebies. And of course, design the patterns myself, often inspired by requests from friends and fans. Even if ZP grows, I don't want it to be some faceless thing. We all share this Halloween thing as a community.
Euri wrote:On a side note, the only thing I noticed was that the clickable links in the Instructions and elsewhere on the site are in the same color of font and it was hard to tell what was a link and what wasn't. That may not be a big deal since everything is insanely awesome!!!
Hmm, really? All text is the same color, you're saying? Links should be purple and regular text should be white. If this isn't the case, let me know. And tell me what browser you're using so I can investigate.
paddy_babe wrote:Did you see the downloads? :D :D
I saw a lot of Facebook covers changing on this day. :thumbsup:
Raven wrote:Anyone else still have the old site forum? My main site is updated, but the forums are the same as before for me.
Yeah, it took me a few extra days to update the design of the forum. It uses entirely different code and images. To change the look of the forum requires me to replace several images (logo, buttons, backgrounds) as well as edit several files of style sheet code to alter the colors used for backgrounds, text, links, form boxes, etc. But as you can see, we're all bathed in purple now. :lol:
zombombie wrote:LOVE the new mascot (I had taken a long time thinking about getting a mascot tattooed, and I think I just found him).
:shock: Well no pressure, of course. If this mascot doesn't earn the honor, I'll try to tempt you again next year. The House mascot is my favorite so far, but that's bound to change in about a year. :lol:
matspud wrote:I can't find the Ballad :( Would someone tell me where it is please ? :?
The Ballad of the Zombie Pumpkins isn't publicly linked right now, because I didn't edit that page to add a new verse yet. But in the meantime, you can see the old version here: http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/ballad" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway, thanks again everyone! The relaunch this year has been a success! No notable technical issues or complaints. Smooth sailing so far! I appreciate all your kind words, but don't be afraid to make constructive criticism too. And if you find any errors, even a minor splelling mistake, don't hesitate to point it out. As my grandfather used to say of my family, we're not perfect... but we come close.
zombombie wrote:Unbelievably, I've already been beating to getting House forever inked upon my mortal flesh by another minion!! She was very quick off the mark and I'm sure she'll show us all soon so I won't say who it is!
I KNOW WHO! I KNOW WHO! She really didn't waste any time at all. Better hurry Zombombie, before someone else shames you. :P
Raven wrote:
zombombie wrote:Unbelievably, I've already been beating to getting House forever inked upon my mortal flesh by another minion!! She was very quick off the mark and I'm sure she'll show us all soon so I won't say who it is!
I KNOW WHO! I KNOW WHO! She really didn't waste any time at all. Better hurry Zombombie, before someone else shames you. :P
I'm busy!! :P
I love when I discover new things, like the pumpkins/patterns move when you mouse over them. Of course, they maybe have always done that and I'm just now noticing. It's still new to me though. :P

Every time I move over the mascot I really expect him to issue and evil laugh. I think you need to add some sound. I know it's easy for me to say, because I have no idea what that would require.
As much as I would love to agree, I do not think a generic evil laugh would suffice.

I want Ryan to record his own evil laugh, then put it up! (though that may be a lot of work and it's totally okay if you don't).
Raven wrote:I love when I discover new things, like the pumpkins/patterns move when you mouse over them. Of course, they maybe have always done that and I'm just now noticing. It's still new to me though. :P
That is indeed something new. Glad you noticed.
Raven wrote:Every time I move over the mascot I really expect him to issue and evil laugh. I think you need to add some sound. I know it's easy for me to say, because I have no idea what that would require.
Ha, several people have said that to me. For now, you have to provide your own laugh. Just sit at your computer, laughing like a maniac. It's fun, I do it all the time.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote: Ha, several people have said that to me. For now, you have to provide your own laugh. Just sit at your computer, laughing like a maniac. It's fun, I do it all the time.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who does this ;)