Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I've been buying a basic $2 membership every year because I haven't been able to figure out what the VIP patterns are, and paying ten times as much without knowing whether I will even like the added patterns hasn't seemed like a great idea (if I weren't on a tight budget I'd do it just to support the site, but unfortunately I have to watch every penny).

I obviously understand why you can't post thumbnails or photos, since people will rip them off, but could someone post a list in text form of what the patterns actually are?
I don't know about sending a link, but if you look in the Carving Photo's and Stories thread there are a few of them carved and pictured. I have a few in my thread, and there are a few in other's threads.
I think this is the first year Ryan has actually given his blessing to the Monster Harvest members to post the carved pics of the VIP patterns... I think in the past the patterns themselves have been kind of meant to be a surprise and also a special secret to the people who pay the extra dues. This was my first year as a Monster Harvest member, and I gotta tell you that even though you go in blindly, it was well worth the extra money. 10 really awesome patterns that i would have otherwise never got. I think the shock and surprise alone was well worth it... I totally understand about the money situation. If it helps you decide, this year before Ryan released any of the new patterns, the MH members did have access to last years VIP's as well, so if you sign up when the funds become available, he might do the same deal for next season, and you can technically get your hands on a total of 20 VIP's!!
chuckwagon wrote:I think this is the first year Ryan has actually given his blessing to the Monster Harvest members to post the carved pics of the VIP patterns...
We could always post the pictures of them, but we always waited till just before Halloween instead of right when each pattern came out. I usually wait till I see someone else posting them then figure since one person does it's good to go! :)
Raven wrote:
chuckwagon wrote:I think this is the first year Ryan has actually given his blessing to the Monster Harvest members to post the carved pics of the VIP patterns...
We could always post the pictures of them, but we always waited till just before Halloween instead of right when each pattern came out. I usually wait till I see someone else posting them then figure since one person does it's good to go! :)
AH, well that's good to know... I always just assumed that it was frowned upon in general because I thought i remembered seeing a few posts last year or year before maybe when it looked like some people got a bit surprised to see pics of VIP's posted... maybe it was just timing.
I'll admit that I have always posted my carving photos in order, regardless of VIP status or not. That's said, I *never* label them as such and I also post pics of 'kins carved with patterns from other sources so you'd have to do a LOT of digging to figure it out. It's just way too much work for me to weed out certain photos and keep track.