Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Once again, you have a chance to win some prizes with your carving and photo skills! I know you've been taking some impressive photos of your carved pumpkins already. So send them in!

:arrow: 2012 Pumpkin Carving Contest

Submitted photos will be considered for the...

:arrow:2012 Pumpkin Carving Gallery

The galleries are being revamped again. Web stats show that almost nobody browsed the entire galleries of the past (which had nearly 1000 photos each). It's also quite time consuming for me to edit that many photos, which may not even be seen. So we're scaling back the galleries to include just the examples that really shine in the areas of photography and creativity. Hopefully this inspire everyone to give it their best. And to newcomers visiting the site, it will really illustrate what is possible with pumpkin carving!

I planted some seeds for the 2012 gallery to get these started. I'd love to have your help populating this new gallery. Take a stab at it! Your photo might be featured on the site, and could win $100 in prizes!
By SuperSonic
So does that mean almost all my photos will never be seen in the galleries :P
By Zombie Pumpkins!
:lol: SuperSonic.... not necessarily. Just up your game and show us what you got! :wink:

Thankfully, every forum member can show off their carvings here, as well as anything else (costumes, props, etc). So we'll always have a place to share our stories and art. For the featured galleries though, I have to cut it back to keep it manageable. It was up to 7,116 gallery photos!
By chuckwagon
Just submitted a few of my pics, and have more to upload when I get to my home... Not very creative or inventive as far as scenery goes after looking at the 4 pics that are currently up though... Maybe I'll have to get the wheels turning when I get home and make a few "full patch" photos to show off with :) Happy hauntings to all, and good luck in the contest!!
By Raven
I think this is a great idea for the gallery. I've attempted to look through all the pictures each year but it's really time consuming. I either have something else I need to do or if my internet connection happens to be a millisecond too slow, well forget it.

I usually end up seeing some really amazing carvings and pictures from people who don't post them in the forum. I always wish they would join so I can tell them to their face how cool their 'kins are. Plus I have no idea why some choose not to join in the discussion with such cool people like us. :P

Good luck everyone!
By Chewy
No video category? darn. LOL

Seriously though, seems reasonable enough to me. Will have to submit a couple. :P
By Ajax
What size should I make my photos to submit them? Been having trouble with that. I usually make them 640 by 480 in photobucket but it won't accept them.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ajax wrote:What size should I make my photos to submit them? Been having trouble with that. I usually make them 640 by 480 in photobucket but it won't accept them.
I believe the new photo gallery system requires photos to be at least 800 pixels on their longest side. So 640 wide might not be big enough for it to be accepted.