Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
Guys, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to post the 2012 contest winners on the site in time for Halloween. That was the plan, but some things came up. I swear these contests are real... with real winners... and real prizes! All will be revealed eventually, as far as the winning photos of the past go.

But now... for this year, if you'd like to be considered for the totally real 2013 contest, be sure to submit your most impressive photography of your best carvings!

:arrow: 2013 Pumpkin Carving Photography Contest

:arrow: 2013 Pumpkin Carving Gallery
Say. Thats some smart talkin' :)

If say I took a photo, had no props, and photoshopped in a fitting background, would a submission like this still be considered? Or would something like this be cast aside like last weeks Garbage?
SuperSonic wrote:If say I took a photo, had no props, and photoshopped in a fitting background, would a submission like this still be considered? Or would something like this be cast aside like last weeks Garbage?
Until I add a contest category for Photoshop editing, I'd say that those submissions wouldn't be high in the running for a prize. Photo manipulation can be an awesome art (something I enjoy myself). But I when we have so many people doing awesome carves, in awesome locations, with awesome props... I want to reward that, and not encourage people to fake it. You'll see some things in the galleries like images with titles, borders, textures, color correction or collages. But faking parts of the actual carving or background aren't the goal really.
Some truly stunning photographs. Year on year, I always expect great things of Ajax, Mesmark, Ravens and Monstermash, as well as your good self Ryan. Basically everyone in the gallery. This year is exceptional. Some very talented people. Very creative, I love all the props. Favourite lighting is S.A.M. ' s Doctor Who shot, lit in Tardis Blue. It really stands out.

Favourite pic of 2013? Difficult choice. Very difficult but it would have to be Raven's Pennywise. Taken in daylight, outside and yet the glow of the pumpkin is perfect. I love it.

Congratulations to everyone on there.
The galleries are really getting more and more impressive.

I know it would mean completely redoing the galleries and their page set up, but it would be great to be able to comment and praise the individual pictures.

Ken's mascot coloring pumpken is brilliant! :thumbsup:

Raven's bloody mary is also a favorite of mine this year.

Picking a favorite is difficult. I'd go with MM's jolly roger. The lighting is awesome and the props are perfect. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
mesmark wrote:
I know it would mean completely redoing the galleries and their page set up, but it would be great to be able to comment and praise the individual pictures.
I had this same thought. I know we comment on the forum, but not everyone featured in the gallery is part of the forum. I found myself looking for a "like" button or something. :)

I don't envy Ryan at all picking out what gets into the gallery and which ones are better than the rest for the contest. They are all completely awesome! This year I am in love with MesMark's Grave 'n' Raven.
I just had a chance to view this for the first time, and all I can say is "wow!" These pictures just rock! I'm amazed at the set ups for these pictures, as well as the detailing and sheer number of carvings done by some. I love it and can't wait to get carving again!