Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
By snow2alike
Other that the routine rules we all follow -- like start with the smallest parts and work out. Cut the inside curves before the outside. Here are some of the other TIPS I passed along this year at the zoo. I also printed these (i had about 25) out on little fortune cookie papers they could draw out of a pumpkin.

:D Zombie Pumpkins.com is my favorite pattern site !

:idea: To quickly change the color of your white led puck light --- wrap it in a piece of tissue paper in whatever color you want! You will be surprised !

:idea: If you buy the "As seen on TV" puck lights (Staples carries them) ---they have only ONE very BRIGHT led light. This allows you to project your carving design on the ceiling, wall. floor - wherever !!

:idea: An emory board cut in half at a 45 degree angle makes a great file to remove all those little rough edges you get after sawing. Just recut the line when it gets dull.

.......Well, you get the Idea !!!

BTW ........ My favorite question this year was --- " how do you keep your pumpkins from rotting?" I laugh and say " all of my pumpkins are ARTIFICIAL" She says" How do you grow those???" !!!! :D

By matspud
snow2alike wrote: BTW ........ My favorite question this year was --- " how do you keep your pumpkins from rotting?" I laugh and say " all of my pumpkins are ARTIFICIAL" She says" How do you grow those???" !!!! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That makes me think of the number of times I have had to explaing the difference between "organic" and "genetically modified" :?

Now if I could produce "artificial " pumpkins by "genetically modifying" "organically" grown real ones ! could make a killing :-)
By snow2alike
YES,

You could have the perfect pumpkin:
No black line(s)
No peeling paint
the perfect color
realistic stem
uniform thickness

and If you planted a ZP pattern next to it ~~~ the pattern would
just appear on the kin.

Oh you would be rich, rich, rich !!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Those are certainly some great tips, snow2alike. I especially like the odd ones. Well, I meant the odd numbered (if they were numbered). But I guess Zombie Pumpkins could be considered "odd." I'd take that as a compliment.

In any case, thanks for educating the public with what you do. And if you finally figure out how artificial pumpkin can be grown, I hope you come to this forum first to let us all know!
By Ajax
It's easy, just plant the seeds from a foamie you carve. Comon people :roll: .