Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
By CorpseBride
St0ney wrote:Here's what the New ones Look like
(Uncarved)

Photo Credit: Carver - Liz Looney.

Wait a tick...is this the new or the old ones? I am confused....Because I just bought 4 kins at Michaels and they have an identical tag.
By CombichristGirl
CorpseBride wrote:
St0ney wrote:Here's what the New ones Look like
(Uncarved)

Photo Credit: Carver - Liz Looney.

Wait a tick...is this the new or the old ones? I am confused....Because I just bought 4 kins at Michaels and they have an identical tag.
just have quick look at the stems :)
By St0ney
The Tag is the Same.

The Main Difference on the Out-Side is the Stem.

The New Gemmy has a Longer Stem.
Also Be aware - that some stores may still have the older Gemmys.

Which would be Old Stock to get rid off, before reording the new ones. My Micheal's Had ALL New.
By St0ney
CombichristGirl - LOL
Sorry I didn't see that you answered that - thought it was all one Post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay No New News on this .
But I can Now SHOW You the Problem.

We Have Photo's - LOL

I had a Carver on my Site "Andretti" Take these Photo's
He's the only one so far that Has Carved the Same Carving on Both the New and the Old Gemmys.

So I asked him to take a few close up shots.

Here's the OLD Gemmy

Notice where the Paint is Flat near all the Edges.
Going around Mr. Darth Vader's Helmet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's The NEW Gemmy

See how the Paint is rippling Up ?
Some sections it's a pealing,
I also notice the paint is doing the same on the cut out sections.

Now One thing not known at this time, because these are ALL brand new carves, But will the paint on the carving get even Worse as time goes by, Meaning Handling the Kin, Storing the kin After Halloween etc... My Guess = YES.

See PROBLEM !!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh boy, those photos don't look promising. Especially if the paint is peeling with basic cutout lines (the technique used for the patterns I offer).

I went to my Michaels today, they had very limited stock of foam pumpkins, and ALL were the new style. They were 40% so I picked up a couple, just to test them out. Tis my duty.

The cashier at Michael's said, "Are you planning to carve these, or leave them as is?" I felt like saying, "Don't you know who I am!?" :lol:
By CombichristGirl
you didnt wear you rpatch master outfit? shame on you they just didnt recognize you incognito lol

np lol
im so depressed looking at that photo :(
By GUS
Ryan, I think you need to follow cartoonhead's public profile, or maybe frank sidebottom..
By SuperSonic
Glad I'm not buying foamies anytime soon :lipssealed:
By St0ney
zombiepumpkins wrote:
The cashier at Michael's said, "Are you planning to carve these, or leave them as is?" I felt like saying, "Don't you know who I am!?" :lol:
LOL !!

Trust me Ryan,

The Paparazzi and Pumpkin Groupies gets old fast.
When ever I go to Micheal's,
I have to disguise myself as Jimmy Saville. :D

LMAO !!!
By Tkaraoke
St0ney wrote:When ever I go to Micheal's,
I have to disguise myself as Jimmy Saville. :D
LMAO !!!
Thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything when I read this! ROFLMAO!!!

It's sad to see that they ruined a good product. Hopefully there is some kind of work around you guys can figure out.
By GUS
What cr@p management allows this to happen, seriously?

I mean, look at it like you guy's run your websites...there is in essence a 30-60 day window of opportunity to sell your product, increase your customer base etc, the rest of the year it's pretty flat.

So we have a problem with foam kins that happens right at peak sales period for the year, they'll have had a 6-8 months in which to assess new construction / durability /tooling changes / component changes.

usually a product eg "glue" is discussed with your existing supplier as to what you need, they rig up some samples, concoct a new recipe & it's rigorously tested to check it's up to the job without screwing up production.
Then after a few months of it sitting on the shelf, the production manager gets to look at it & possibly test run it.
Later still it's in an early non time sensitive small production run to see how it flows, heats up, melts down, continuity etc, send small batch out for feedback as to how it survived it's journey in packaging, durability, temperature extremes etc.

Flaws should have shown up within the factory, they know their market demographic who they sell to, expectations yada yada...
So this is the pumpkin that ruined "XMAS"
..Truly this year this is the nightmare before Christmas!

Whoever signed off these pumpkins as fit to go should be shot, it has the potential for enormous backlash, dropped sales figures returns as unfit for purpose.

Even seconds of funkins aren't as bad as this.
TBH, this smacks of chinese production 10 years ago, whereby if the factory runs out of on kind of component they'll simply get something similar & cheaper & slap it in,....a major source of recalls over the years where the slapped in component simply isn't passed by the parent (& paying) company & wrecks the reputation of a brand within a tightly fought market.
I can see it now, run out of the official sanctioned "pumpkin" paint, ...rather than delay a run & store components etc they source "fanta" orange cos it's similar (ha)! ..result dribbles, lift, peel, disolving carcinogenic pumpkins or whatever.
By St0ney
zombiepumpkins wrote:
I went to my Michaels today, they had very limited stock of foam pumpkins,
I Should have mentioned this earlier too, Was to much into the paint thing.

But I noticed the same thing.
The Micheals I go to, ONLY had about (4) Med Foam kins.
and A lot of small ones

Hope it's just a Pre-Season type thing.

Last year there were Like (80) But it may have been in OCT when I was there. (last year).
By Pumpken
Has anyone checked to make sure these aren't carcinogenic, coming from China? I have been breating an awful lot of foam dust lately and kinda worry about it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
St0ney wrote:I noticed the same thing. The Micheals I go to, ONLY had about (4) Med Foam kins. and A lot of small ones. Hope it's just a Pre-Season type thing.
Seriously Michaels... more pumpkins, fewer silk autumn leaves, please:

By SaneInsideInsanity
awww poor ryan my micheals has bins of them