Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
By Racer-X
I'm delving into fake 'kins for next year, and I was curious as to the effectiveness of carving two patterns - a fore and aft - on the funkins.

I can carve the patterns without an issue, however, I'm wondering how well the light will project out of both sides. One side is a traditional evil grin, and the other a more ornate negative pattern where the light beams out of the circle around the image.

Thoughts?
By CombichristGirl
as long as the lights good and bright it will work. i just went and tested it with just a dim yellow tealight led and it worked enough but with a bright light it would work great :) hope that helps :)
By GUS
Ryan could you update this thread from the gallery & a brief outline of how you found this best to work? Set up, background etc, I see more of this sorta thing so may as well inquire about it in the quiet season.
By sloaner
After seeing this I decided to try it out on a few of my foamies. It looks good but I am going to put some sort of divider in there to make it perfect.
By shutterbug
...I was just going to suggest a thin cardboard divider down the middle.One of my crew tried it last year & it seemed to work wel with the lights that Ryan has.
(rainbow)Cardboard like mounting board for fotos that is opaque and kinda stiff.
By sloaner
I might just use tissue paper stuck on the inside of the foamie, that will let the coloured light out but will stop the second pattern from showing through.
By Jack Carving
I did these the other night, carved back to back (literally)

Image Image

I think I might try the tissue paper trick. I only wish I had a green light to show the 'lit' transformation.
By sloaner
I have about 5 with double patterns and put tissue paper on them. You can not see the pattern behind it but still lets enough light through. Its great beacuse it lets you double the amount of patterns you can do in a year.
By Jack Carving
What do you recommend for holding the tissue paper in place? Scotch Tape does not want to stick to the inside of the Michael's Pumpkins.
By sloaner
I used that white liquid glue and waterd it down just barly and used a paint brush to coat the inside of the pumpkin. then carfully put the tissue paper on.