Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
By Buzzardchik
I don't know if any of you have heard of this but it is really cool and inexpensive. I tried using a glow stick ya' know the ones you snap and shake first. All I have to say is AWSOME. :D
By Tkaraoke
I've used light sticks in real pumpkins but I was never really happy with the results but I have never tried it in a Funkin. I might have to do that just to see if there is a difference.
By 500cdn
I Will Be Buying Some Glow Stick The Next Time I Am In The Supermarket

I Have A Few Funkins To Light Up :lol:
By Artex76
Not sure if you guys can get the military grade ones in the UK but they work great. Much brighter then the kids trick or treat ones
By sloaner
I like to use those battery operated tea lights, they flicker just like a real candle
By GUS
500cdn wrote:I Will Be Buying Some Glow Stick The Next Time I Am In The Supermarket

I Have A Few Funkins To Light Up :lol:
I'm afraid that generally over her in the uk, unless you buy some expensive military cyclume variety, you'll have very costly & dissapointing results.
Best off buying them on ebay or just buying Howler lights of ryan or on ebay
By DLapi
Try Electrical Lights From a Dept 56 Village

They work great, don't overheat, won't burn or melt the foam pumpkins and you can even find them with 6 bulbs on a single cord.

I cut a small hole in the back or bottom of the pumpkin and use the clip on the cord to clip the light into the pumpkin. If you don't have a Christmas or Halloween Village, you can find these lights at Michaels or any store that sells either Lemax or Dept 56 Villages.

Happy Carving :lol:
By kirsten
Thanks for the idea! I bought some battery operated tea lights but they didn't light up my funkins that well. Yesterday I stopped by a local party store and grabbed some 99 cent glowsticks. I tested one out last night on my funkin and it looked awesome. It really lit up the funkin. I used an orange glowstick but I will probably pick up some other colors for my other funkins.