Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
..(the "probleme" bit is for anyone who's ever encountered pigeon english at it's best e.g going round dodgy old soviet country cliff-top roads late at night in the snow in an old Lada when the axles break)...but that's another story!

Anyhow, my constant "probleme" when carving is that darn masking tape, it's either way too sticky or not at all & so my stencils fall off every 5 minutes or it peels the paint layer of a funkin off.

Can anyone who's as anal as myself recommend brands of tape that do the job & just the job, having conducted controlled experiments on live funkins!?

....s'doin moi ed inn! :shock:
By Kittie
I use scotch tape, and sometime a bit of glue sticky on the back.
By sodajazz
Don't use tape, get yourself some Saral transfer paper (it's a bit like carbon paper but better :wink: ) and trace your design on the 'kin.
I used it for the first time last halloween on real kins and it worked a treat.
By GUS
Thing is I like to make my initial cuts straight from the paper copy, so i really need to have something that holds it on well & then I can see, adjust & cut as required.

I'm darn slow at carving as it is,so transfer paper is going to slow the finished article even further.

cheers, just keep plugging away i suppose & get some branded scotch tape!
By sodajazz
Give it a try you may be surpised, if you like I'll tear a strip off and post it to you, it can be used over and over so its economical ... nothing ventured nothing gained :wink:

Plus if you like it you can bring some back with you when you go over to canada, and extras for your carving matey's :wink: :wink:
By GUS
good point, now we need to locate some in Banff & i'll tuck some away! for brit folk!