Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
By belli
In another thread, Angel wrote:
Angel wrote:
zombiepumpkins wrote:If I had cut the holes all the way through, the design wouldn't have been recognizable in the sun light.
Martha Stewart - did I lose anyone? - Martha Stewart recommends putting wax paper behind your cut out. The photos actually look pretty great in this year's Halloween magazine. It hides your pumpkin light and gives your pattern an even glow. That might be an idea for showing off your pumpkin in the daylight as well.
I tried the wax paper method on this Michael's pumpkin that I carved. As you can see from the first photo, you can see the fakeness of the inside of the pumpkin but when I put the wax paper in, it clears up that problem and still provides enough light to see the pattern clearly.

By CorpseBride
Me too....I really like the glow it gives off!
By gregh3196
Good idea, I will have to use that this year. Looks great :)
By Tkaraoke
You could also put a piece of white paper to line the back of the pumpkin which does the same thing and also makes the light brighter. Just as a reminder here's the BEFORE and AFTER pic I took of Scooby last year. All I did was take a piece of poster board, cut it to size, and inserted it into the pumpkin....

Another plus with doing it this way is that once you put the poster board into the pumpkin and it unrolls itself, it pretty much stays in place without the need to tack it in there.

It really helps a lot! Look at top left of Scooby's ear. You could hardly see the detail in the first picture but in the second one it really pops.