Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
By Pumpkin King
I went to Hobby Lobby the other day and they have a new Funkin Pumpkin Size. It is a short but very wide pumpkin. Probably not the best to use for carving since it is only maybe 8 inches tall. but probably close to 18 inches wide. It would work well for a wrap around design though.
By Tkaraoke
I was going to buy one kind of like that last year but when I went back it was gone. I still have about three blank Funkins from last year and have been trying to decide what I should do with them. I just don't know which pattern I want to commit to one.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
And soon enough I'll be giving you even more pattern choices, making your decision even harder. :wink:
By Kittie
WHOO HOOO!!

I went to our local Wal-Mart yesterday to see if the Pattern Books were out yet, They had their costumes out, but nothing else. . I was bumed
By Nightwatchman
I carved four of this size Funkins last year. I found that most patterns that I reduced to fit on this size Funkin didn't fill the pumpkin carving surface, I ended up carving two complementary patterns on each one. It would work well for a wrap around pattern. I also found that the paint tended to want to peel more easily on this size Funkin.
Last edited by Nightwatchman on Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CorpseBride
zombiepumpkins wrote:And soon enough I'll be giving you even more pattern choices, making your decision even harder. :wink:

YAY! *happy dance* 8)
By cyberdman
Sweet! I couldn't have said it better than myself.
By Sirius_Loser
i wasn't too sure where to ask this, but do all fun-kins now have the pre-cut hole in the bottom? I hit the columbus day sales at the craft stores yesterday and was surprised to find bins full of holey Fun-kins.
By cyberdman
Yes that is how they come in 2007. Go yo Michael's and buy their pumpkins. They are way better.
By reignman40
Michael's only has a couple sizes though and no variation in shape. I prefer the Michael's foam pumpkins but don't want all my pumpkins to looks exactly alike in shape. So I mix in Funkins for variance and spread out the Michael's ones in my display so you can't tell as easily they are exactly the same shape.