Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By monstermash
My lot for this year. I hope they last till the 27th!

Here they are tucked in the car ready for their five hour journey. I had one on my knee as well. Yes, ive got stiff legs today!

The shed is their home for the next three weeks. On a bed of insulation and cardboard.

These ones are the heaviest, ive not weighed them yet but they feel about 10-12kg.

My uncle grows some of his own and gave me these. They were his rejects but I couldn't leave them behind. I'll make the two at the back into soup and keep the tiddlers for display in the house.

Little and large:

:D :) :D
Last edited by monstermash on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By nosferatu
I think it's fair to say I hate you.

Jealousy is now an orange eyed monster.

Maybe next year we could all meet up at your suppliers patch? Instead of having a carving party we could have a picking picnic? Lunch in the boot, see who can cram the most in their cars?

Great stuff and I hope they last.
By nosferatu
I know, they look amazing. I went to a farm nearby and they are fairly small and seem soft so it would be money down the drain. I'd rather spend it on petrol and have my own golden hoard next year.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Who would have guessed there would be a day that I'd see pumpkin photos like this and think.... beautiful.

Truly, it seems you got a great selection. Love all the variations in shape and color. 'Kins with personality!
By monstermash
Yeah, i'm really chuffed with them. I don't even care that they are mostly green, infact it will prbably help them last longer. It would be a great place to meet up. The man who grows them is lovely and he doesn't mind how many you buy, or if you take all the big ones. I think they are very reasonably priced too. He'll charge £3 for the biggest ones. All of mine were £2! I would have gotten bigger ones but it meant less room for more in the car. £40 in total for the kins, and ive spent a hell of a lot more on less kins when Ive bought in scotland so with petrol money it evens it out.

He grew about 200 which is a good bit less than previous years. The're were definately a few that could have had multiple patterns. I think some of mine would fit two on. Some look a bit small but they can all comfortably fit a pattern without re-sizing.
By pagemaster1993
Looks good for the carving.
By MooBoo
Love your kins! They look perfect, so jealous. :lol:
By monstermash
I thought i'd put this pic here instead of starting another thread. I'm making sure everyone is getting into the spirit of all things spooky. I can tell you that Louie was not amused!
By nosferatu
Great cat picture. Louie looks incredibly dapper and I'm sure all the other neighbourhood cats are insanely jealous. If I tried to dress our cat like that, his claws would use my flesh for shredding practice.