Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By amandap80
Lovely looking patch! I have a nice spot in my yard for a patch, hopefully next year! :D
By Beast75
Just a pic update on the pumpkins..

they are actually bigger than they look.

By monstermash
What lovely watermelons. :P :wink:
They look brilliant, how are they holding up, any soggy spots? I can't wait to get mine home safely.
By purple1worm
Great looking patch. You`re `kins look super! :D
By Beast75
monstermash wrote:What lovely watermelons. :P :wink:
They look brilliant, how are they holding up, any soggy spots? I can't wait to get mine home safely.
No soggy spots as the slabs drain the water away nicely. I did leave a small one to grow natures way but that one did become brown and soggy but he was just an experiment in the growing process. :D
By Beast75
monstermash wrote:What lovely watermelons. :P :wink:
I don't know why they have got the watermelon look as all the seeds were Atlantic giants and were saved from last years crop. Hmm some cross pollination ???
By monstermash
They probably just haven't had the weather to ripen them. It makes no difference to me what colour they are, infact they would look great with monsters and swamp creatures carved on them.
By Beast75
monstermash wrote:They probably just haven't had the weather to ripen them. It makes no difference to me what colour they are, infact they would look great with monsters and swamp creatures carved on them.
Its strange most are yellow one is a shade of yellow that makes it look like it was dipped in toxic waste :D :D
By monstermash
Don't think i'm a stalker or anything Beast75 but I was wondering if you live anywhere near Barton Upon Humber or that area of Lincs. Thats where I get my kins from. :)
By amandap80
Beast75 wrote: Its strange most are yellow one is a shade of yellow that makes it look like it was dipped in toxic waste :D :D
oooo! How zombie-ish! I have patch envy! :)
By Beast75
monstermash wrote:Don't think i'm a stalker or anything Beast75 but I was wondering if you live anywhere near Barton Upon Humber or that area of Lincs. Thats where I get my kins from. :)

im the other side of Lincoln nearer Sleaford way. about 65 miles.